Lancaster Night Taxi.

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Dragged myself down to East Kirkby last night for the night taxi run, was really, really cold - but worth it :D

Was nice but nearly ruined by self centred people trying to barge to the front, after we'd been standing there for well over half an hour, knocking into my tripod and ruining a fair few of my shots while the plane was next to us. :razz::bang: Why do people have no respect!?

Anyway, enough of my moaning :LOL:

1)

Ghost of the Night. by Harry Measures, on Flickr

2)

Just Jane Evening Taxi, Start up. by Harry Measures, on Flickr

3)

Just Jane Evening Taxi. by Harry Measures, on Flickr

4)

5)

6)

Thanks for looking, crit welcome!

Harry.

Last edited:
All lovely shots but images 1 and 5 are the stand out ones. I love the way No1 is shaded and the colour flames in the mainly B&W image in No 5.

A lovely set but I love no5. I've heard about the taxi rides at east kirkby but didn't know you could go and photograph it.do you have to book to attend ?

A lovely set but I love no5. I've heard about the taxi rides at east kirkby but didn't know you could go and photograph it.do you have to book to attend ?

Thank you! The whole area is open to the public, and you can stand and watch her taxi out. There's a museum there also which is most interesting.

I'd love to have the run of the place but I'm not sure how you go about getting one of those lovely high viz jackets :LOL: All my shots are just from the barriers.

Very nice set, I've been there in the day and I must see when they do another night time run. 1 and 5 are both really great shots.

Nice stuff there !! - No. 5 for me, this would also be nice if you picked out the Just Jane
nose art in colour as well methinks !!

Love these. I'm not sure of the spot colour on the exhaust though. I know it's cool to see it, but spot colour sucks!

Apart from that, a big thumbs up from me! (y)

Nice stuff there !! - No. 5 for me, this would also be nice if you picked out the Just Jane
nose art in colour as well methinks !!

See photo in post 11 :)

Thanks (y)

Love these. I'm not sure of the spot colour on the exhaust though. I know it's cool to see it, but spot colour sucks!

Apart from that, a big thumbs up from me! (y)

I know it's cheesy and way way way overused but the light in the normal versions is so hideous I prefer the selective colour. From where I was shooting the plane was backlit with really bad sodium lighting, so the prop blur has an orange cast to it :bonk: And they had nice white lights illuminating the car park :LOL:

Thanks though, I appreciate the comment.

Like them all but the exhaust stands out for me. Hope you told the people who were pushing in where to go.

Back