Land of Confusion

grumpybadger

Alan Rickman
Name
Paul Beastall
Edit My Images
Yes
Not my normal style but I thought I would try a high key black and white shot for once. I just like the patterns and the chaos in this one.

EOS 1D with 500 f/4L and then quite a crop.

zebra_confusion.jpg

Thanks for looking. I'm thinking about entering this as something "different" in a competition, so any feedback gratefully received.

Paul

Works for me. Id be tempted to take a bit off the bottom to make the shot even more confusing. Is this an old shot or are you out in Africa again?

Thanks MK. It's actually been done for a 10x8 print and I couldn't lose much off the bottom without losing stuff I wanted to from the sides.

This is from last September but I am due to fly out for a week on Saturday so hopefully will bring some nice stuff home.

Paul

Thanks MK. It's actually been done for a 10x8 print and I couldn't lose much off the bottom without losing stuff I wanted to from the sides.

This is from last September but I am due to fly out for a week on Saturday so hopefully will bring some nice stuff home.

Paul

Hope you don't mind, but this is how I would have cropped it;

zebraconfusionab0.jpg

Whereabouts are you heading? Not Kenya is it, as I would have thought that was difficult to get to now.

I really like that, Think I prefer the original to the crop though.

Thanks guys and thanks for the edit Alasdair. I think I prefer mine but always useful input.

I am going back to Kenya. Reports from the Masai Mara are that it is fine and it is nice and quiet with lots of people not going so hopefully get some nice stuff. Out there for 7 nights so we'll have to see what Mother Nature serves up.

Thanks. It does cause strange patterns. It's one of the reasons I did it - to show how, if you don't have colour vision, zebras can all blend into one mass. It makes a hunting lion's life quite hard!

Back