Landscape equipment

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey,

I've got a Canon EOS 500D with a Kit Lens, and I've been playing around with it for the last year or so. I've pretty much fallen for taking landscape photos and I've managed to get a few good shots with the kit lens.

I'm now looking at jumping towards a wider angle but hopefully at not too high a cost... I've seen a few sigma lenses but I'm really at a loss when it comes to what is a decent lens.

anyone able to offer any suggestions?

I suppose I've not really set a budget quite yet, but not wanting to spend an entire wage on a lens lol! prob try keep it between 300-500

That sigma 10-20mm lens seems to get a glowing review!!

I think 'we' all start out not wanting to spend a wage on a lens....next thing you know you are eating bargain food to fund them as you have spent 2 wages on a lens :LOL:

Yes, I'd really recommend a Sigma 10-20 on your 500D. Really nice and wide and I find it has nice controllable flare if you fancy! Mine was very sharp and I loved it - got a fair amount of use. I found it to be well made and robust.

I sold mine pretty much for what I paid for it, so it held it's value well (incase you're thinking about the financial side of things). The Canon version is apparently better, but but even after doing this photography malarky for a few years, theres very very little in it, so I'd save the cash and put that towards some nice graduated filters as they should now be a priority if you're enjoying taking landscapes and don't already have some.

Have fun!

Sigma 10-20 is an excellent lens.

Consider the tripod sooner rather than later - they really do make the biggest difference.

Also consider a Tamron 10-24 if you've not got the budget for the 10-20 or 10-22, I was very pleased with mine before it was stolen.. grr.

+1 for the Tripod.

Thanks for all the replies folks, muchly appreciated, I'm popping into Glasgow tomorrow so I'll have a look around :) then no doubt buy something online :) definitely going to keep my eye open for a sigma!

will keep my eye open for a tripod too!

Back