Landscape Photograph Inspirations

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey fellow Toggers,

I am about to embark on my A2 photography course at Cirencester College and have chosen to do Landscapes as my key topic however I would really like some input on some photographers who specialize in this kind of photographer. As much information on them as possible would be appreciated, links, photos, etc.

Also if anyone knows of any good locations in the Gloucestershire area where you can get some really good sunsets?

Cheers

Can you be more specific? If it is inspiration you are after then you can't go far wrong with getting the 2010 edition of "Landscape Photographer Of The Year" book.

article-1288000370716-0BC1777D000005DC-201615_538x534.jpg

These are ameteur/semi pro photographers who entred the annual Take A View competition, many of which have Flickr accounts.

Rgds

Last edited:
Depends what you mean by landscapes, generic Joe Cornish types or stuff like John Davies and Paul Graham.

If it is the "pretty" stuff then you won't go far wrong around the Slaughters.

My inspiration was always Kane Gledhill.... but it's more personal.

Good sunset locations - try Seven Beach - along the SSC - you can get some half decent sunsets and long exposures there :)

And as for inspirations, for me - Joe Cornish is probably my biggest - amazing photographer who sees the light and captures is superbly! :)

Thanks for the great ideas guys. In response to being more specific. I basically need photographers names which use a variety of techniques when shooting landscapes, so long exposure, various filters and anything else you can think of. That book sounds perfect Digifrog, i will have to go buy that. Student discount for the win ;)

Back