Landscape Photography Magazine

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
I keep getting ads for the online Landscape Photography Magazine (landscapephotographymagazine.com) popping up in my Facebook feed and was wondering if this was worth subscribing to. I'm toying with the idea of dropping one of my "generic" photography mag subs and taking this one instead.

Anyone out there subscribe to this and got any opinions on it? Was thinking about the full Platinum sub for the first year (get access to back issues) and then see how things go at renewal......

Cheers

I don't subscribe currently (I get the free Newsletter) but I did for a while and it is one of the better landscape offerings.

I find it a good landscape magazine lots of interesting stuff in there, as any magazine you will always get issues with stuff that doesn’t interest you in it, as a whole I’m more that happy and will be renewing my subscription.

On a note of caution if you sub for a year you sign up for 12 issues so if you download a back issue or two you will only get !0 months worth if you see what I mean. So the platinum sub is a good idea as there are 34 back issues.

Thanks for the info chaps - will sort something out over the next couple of days.

Zeb - I assume that the 12 issue limit is the difference between the Gold and Platinum levels......

Yes you could download the first 12 issues in the first week and That would be your years subscription done.

Thanks guys, just subscribed to this and find the content of the two Ive read so far excellent.
Great value for money.

I subscribe to both Landscape Photography Magazine and On Landscape Magazine. Whilst it may seem like overkill I have found that I have learnt more and picked up more excellent tips from these two than reading many of the other monthlies.

I actually look forward to both publications, the editor of the first is/was a member of this forum and Tim Parkin is the editor of the latter. Both mags are very different, if you are into medium/large format then I would recommend On Landscape. Both mags concentrate solely on the art of landscape photography and nothing else.

I can thoroughly recommend both of these and the really nice thing is you can read them on just about any form of e-reader. I have them on my PC and iPhone 5 so I am never short of something to read!

I hope this is of help.

Andy

I've also recently subscribed to LPM platinum £45 for the year and downloaded all 35 back issues and saved then on my laptop.

I haven't read through many of them yet but early impressions are that there isn't much repetition since issue 1 and it is packed full of very useful information from top landscapers.

Very impressed so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

I got the first half dozen or so copies free and I see the odd copy of it now and then and I've always found it fairly good. Look out for the specail offers from time to time, they offer quite good discounts.

In my experience OnLandscape is a much wider read. It is far more than a "how to" magazine and looks at the landscape from all sorts of perspectives, including "contemporary". You get David Ward's articles on a regular basis and he is always thought-provoking; Joe Cornish writes regularly too.

Love the where to shoot guides. They are great. Also some great interviews with many professionals which are so varied I look forward to each one. Only dislike I'd the mad pricing of some of the advertised holidays so the can't be the worst complaint ever.

uh oh. controverisal; time...

I used to buy mags - cars / photos / naked lady stuff

It's all rinse and repeat on a yearly format.. "ooh how to take a pic of a bale of straw!, "dark evenings..."

My subscription of outdoor photography is nearly up. Its a good mag but lately is relating more to wildlife and adventure and less landscape, which is fine... it is called outdoor photography. But I'm really only interested in the landscape side of things. So I have been thinking of going for Landscape Photography Magazine.

I am dyslexic so reading articles can take an age so to get something on tablet and have it read to me would be loads better than a hard copy, not to mention the saved space in my house and easy access. I assume one downloaded you can access issues at will??

Last edited:
From On Landscape

All of our subscription packages give access to every article published for as long as the subscription is in place.

That says to me that you loose your magazines if you stop subscribing. That would be like Outdoor Photography knocking on my door asking for all my old issues back!!

My subscription of outdoor photography is nearly up. Its a good mag but lately is relating more to wildlife and adventure and less landscape, which is fine... it is called outdoor photography. But I'm really only interested in the landscape side of things. So I have been thinking of going for Landscape Photography Magazine.

I am dyslexic so reading articles can take an age so to get something on tablet and have it read to me would be loads better than a hard copy, not to mention the saved space in my house and easy access. I assume one downloaded you can access issues at will??

You download the mag as a pdf file and save it to your hard drive and then you will have them for ever more, I have copied mine to my kindle do they are always handy.

Landscape Photography Magazine changed it's name to Landscape and Wildlife Photography Magazine a while back and included a stuff from Wildlife side of things. With the introduction of the sister magazine, Wild Planet Photo Magazine I think the name changed back to original and assumed all wildlife stuff was taken out of it. Don't know about for sure though! Also the Landscape Photography Magazine appears to follow a similar layout and format as Outdoor Photography, something to do with editor at the early stages at least i think.

So does that mean I'd be better off going for on landscape? Although I do enjoy taking zoo photos but its not quite the same is it? The nature part of outdoor seems to be mostly birds, not lions, tigers and rhinos etc.

Last edited:
Landscape magazine is purely landscape. I took out the platinum plan last year so I could download all the back issues.
My subscription has just run out and I changed to try the one that allows you to download one a month to £15.
Glad to hear that, I might take a look back at it again now that the wildlife is gone completely.

It's a good magazine, I think I had a couple of shots posted in issue 14? Don't remember because I never saw it! (Never properly subscribed) From the issues I have seen there is a lot of good content, and very very good photography that will either inspire you or just make you give up entirely!:LOL:

Back