Landscape Photography Step 1: (For the keen amature who has never done landscapes)

Yes and almost without exception I find that style of landscape the perfect cure for insomnia.

Whilst they are “there” doesn’t mean they should be pursued - particularly if someone doesn’t want to pursue them.

A lot like these boring little pictures mind you. I’m not one of them and I never will be.

The world is your oyster, so why restrict yourself to your own bit?

Just as well we don't all feel the same. Personally I have the same opinions about the grand vistas - they all look the same to me.

As long as it is not a pile of "intimate" twigs or randomly scattered branches in the dullest imaginable light we can probably agree with a lot of different photography. Me being me would immediately start thinking about placing a model or shooting a car in that intimate landscape.

As long as it is not a pile of "intimate" twigs or randomly scattered branches in the dullest imaginable light we can probably agree with a lot of different photography. Me being me would immediately start thinking about placing a model or shooting a car in that intimate landscape.

And I think put that car to good use and get somewhere interesting.

I'd suggest that @M.A.Gibson takes some local landscapes until he has a good idea of what he's doing, otherwise he may visit amazing places and spend a lot of money & time doing so only to be disappointed later

Landscapes are everywhere, not just hundreds of miles away

Dave

Agree, and there are pretty areas nearby such as the Chilterns, no need to travel to hundreds of miles

Back