Landscape Processing - 2nd attempt

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
After my last dismal attempt i thought I'd have a go at processing a landscape shot, taken in the Yorkshire Dales a few years ago. This was not shot in raw.

As before, there is the original and then my 2 attempts at processing. Any feedback would be most appreciated. But remember, I'm still learning. Be nice!!

Cheers

Paul

DSC06821.JPG

DSC06821a_copy.jpg

DSC06821b_copy.jpg

Hi, from a purely PP perspective I'm opting for #2, quite like the moodier sky and nice greens.

I'll be kind...but the photograph itself, even with a master processor working on it, won't hold my attention.

Regards and keep posting...(y)

Thanks
Yeah i agree it isn't the best starting material.
I'm off to Spain at the end of the week.
I've bought a large memory card and am going to switch my camera to RAW. Hopefully I'll come back with something better to work with!
Cheers
Paul

I think its good that you got it whit the rainbow going to the shed, think I would have lke to see the bottom of the tree on the right ie foreground

Looks like your sensor needs a clean as well as theres a few bunnies

we saw a fab rainbow in Thassos 2 weeks ago, I posted it on here

Last edited:
Looks good, but perhaps not as dark and maybe use some clone stamp over the dust bunnies. The processed images seem to suffer from it more than the others.

Thanks Guys. I can see the dust bunnies, now you mention it.
Cleaning the sensor. Is that something i can do myself?

Its not the pp that's the problem, the shot is soft and out of focus, in saying that it is a nice capture comp wise.

Its not the pp that's the problem, the shot is soft and out of focus, in saying that it is a nice capture comp wise.

I agree it looks out of focus here. The original is much sharper. It seemed to go softer when i resized it. Thanks for the comments re the comp tho. It is a shame i cut the bottom of the tree off.

Last edited:
Back