Workshop Landscape retouching course

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm looking to see if anyone can recommend an online or physical 1-to-1 retouching course that relates to Landscape photography.

I've seen Serge Ramelli's courses, but his style is a little too bold for my liking - I've followed him a lot on YouTube but it's not
working too well for me.

I'm based in the North of England, if anyone can suggest or recommend any tutors to check out I'd be very grateful!

Thanks,

MW

I don't know anyone who does the sort of course you're suggesting as most landscape work is about dodging & burning once you've got a good/great image; the starter image determines the PP work needed so you have to learn to 'see' the final image before pressing the shutter

This can mean 'proper' use of HDR or exposure blending as a starting point, and maybe introducing or enhancing tones/colours too

Take a peek at Jimmy's work here and download the panel for photoshop he gives away too

http://www.shutterevolve.com/use-luminosity-masks-exposure-blending/

HTH :)

Dave

Last edited:
Out of interest what issues do you have at the moment? Do you have any images that you are unhappy with and are looking to improve? Just wondering as posting images in the landscape forum is also a good for learning too and getting tips on post processing although I can definitely appreciate the benefits of decent instruction / teaching .

John Robinson might also be worth a look? Some of his work I really like.

Last edited:
Back