Landscaping in Assynt

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I've just returned from a landscaping week Assynt, which is way up north west in Scotland. I absolutely loved it - quiet, peaceful, stunning scenery, ruined castles, ludicrous weather etc etc. I hesitate to recommend it as I don't want it filled with tripods next winter, but it really is a photography delight. I also put my Sony A7R through a really hard workout (it broke, a bit).

Just a couple to whet the appetite - I've done a full write up here: http://tobinators.com/blog/index.php/2014/03/techniques/landscaping-in-assynt/

If you want any tips or info, just let me know.

I0000nI4xh8Xts3w.jpg

I0000NI7KPEYaVOo.jpg

I0000KLwwFsLPDMA.jpg

I know Assynt well, Andy. Photo rich environment for landscape and wildlife photographers if ever there was one. Not keen in shots 1 and 2, but No3 is special (y)

Last edited:
Nice set of an area I visit as often as I can.

I'll be heading over again in a couple of weeks before jumping over to Harris and Lewis. Can't wait.

Harris & Lewis are fab aren't they. I'd live there if Mrs T would agree. She's Scottish so has spent a lot of her life trying to get somewhere warm and dry!

I used to stay there in my mid teens but haven't been back for years. Not sure how much photography I'll manage with my wife and 4 kids but I'm sure I'll manage.

Back