Langdale. (3 new photos added....)

One of the very best lake district pictures ever taken. The stuff of triumph and legend.

Beyond excellent.

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but i'll take it lol! Cheers mate, was worth the hike up and 3am alarm call. This losing weight and getting fit has it's advantages as I'd not even have thought about up here 6 months ago :D

"Cracking" landscape capture Martin, nothing more to be said.

That's pretty special Martin, great photo of an amazing vista.

S T U N N E R !
Thank you Paul

I don't know what to add. I concur with all the above. Very well done.
Thank you Gordon

It's a lovely picture Martin. Well done :D
Thank you Alan

Top drawer that, it has it all. Lovely image.
Thank you Jason

Lovely pic.
Thank you Roger

"Cracking" landscape capture Martin, nothing more to be said.
Thank you George

That's pretty special Martin, great photo of an amazing vista.
Thank you Steve

I can describe this one using the "f" word - Fabulous - sorry two "f" words Fantastically Fabulous ! :clap:
The rainbow is the icing on the cake;)
Thank you Roger

Has absolutely everything you need in a composition. Fantastic!
Thank you Richard

Three more images from the same morning...

Another from Side Pike looking toward I believe Mickleden and Bow Fell...
Heather and Rocks by Martin Steele, on Flickr

One from Holme Fell the same morning....
Holme Fell by Martin Steele, on Flickr

...and it would be rude not to make a new Faceache profile pic with a view to Blea Tarn from Side Pike again with conditions as they were....
Side Pike selfie by Martin Steele, on Flickr

1st one is a nice take Martin, my mate Dem was up there at the same time and said it got out a bit for a short while. I was there a couple of days earlier and looks like you had very similar conditions to me.

The last 3 especially 2 and 4 in the skies look like they've a magenta cast to them given how high the sun is in the sky. I'm guessing that's not by design is the monitor bang on calibrated?

Last edited:
1st one is a nice take Martin, my mate Dem was up there at the same time and said it got out a bit for a short while. I was there a couple of days earlier and looks like you had very similar conditions to me.

The last 3 especially 2 and 4 in the skies look like they've a magenta cast to them given how high the sun is in the sky. I'm guessing that's not by design is the monitor bang on calibrated?
Thanks Stuart. Aye I'd seen Dem had been up the same morning.

Monitor is fine, I re-done them after I posted as I spotted it too, forgot to mask out the split toning in the skies :headbang: :ROFLMAO:

Back