Lanner Falcon (captive) eating. (May be upsetting)

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken over the summer at a bird display at Wheelgate Park, Notts.
A lanner falcon tucks into her prize, after the display. A fresh chicken chick.

Last edited:
I`m no great lover of captive birds, though I do recognise the good job that centres do, protecting and breeding birds of prey. That said, this is a wonderful image,very sharp,great detail and I like the processing.

Birds of prey eat prey, that is nature,not upsetting at all.....:)

I`m no great lover of captive birds, though I do recognise the good job that centres do, protecting and breeding birds of prey. That said, this is a wonderful image,very sharp,great detail and I like the processing.

Birds of prey eat prey, that is nature,not upsetting at all.....:)

:agree:

Thanks guys. I agree about the captive bit, but for many of us, that's the only way to get to see these magnificient birds.
Although you can't really see much of the chick, I thought I'd play it safe, with the 'upsetting' bit.

Thanks guys. I agree about the captive bit, but for many of us, that's the only way to get to see these magnificient birds.

Indeed and that is kudos to those centres. It is a shame that some of our native birds have been persecuted so much in the past.

As an aside, did you manage to get one of it in flight? I have tried and failed horribly......:LOL:

Nah, they were too quick for me. Although I have got a reasonable Saker diving, from Whipsnade a few years ao.

Back