Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro

I've had some decent shots with the 100mm lens to be fair. It's not easy handheld but it's doable.

Looks like it may be a fun little lens and you've got some great shots there. I can also see it being bad for blood pressure a times lol.

It's not an immediate purchase but a potential one for birthday later in the year as family always ask what I want and I typically say "nothing ".

I have a Godox flash TT685o that can do TTL also and I also have the Godox MF12 macro kit so should be okay there in terms of light.

I'm doing stuff indoors at the moment...too cold for me to play photography outside currently lol

Last edited:
Interesting. I had a ping yesterday that Astrhori are doing the same lens - probably rebadged or something

I've had some decent shots with the 100mm lens to be fair. It's not easy handheld but it's doable.

Looks like it may be a fun little lens and you've got some great shots there. I can also see it being bad for blood pressure a times lol.

It's not an immediate purchase but a potential one for birthday later in the year as family always ask what I want and I typically say "nothing ".

I have a Godox flash TT685o that can do TTL also and I also have the Godox MF12 macro kit so should be okay there in terms of light.

I'm doing stuff indoors at the moment...too cold for me to play photography outside currently lol
MF12's are fine, can't mount them to the lens though :(

This is fascinating stuff. Nice work @Gav.

Back