Laptop 3xs

RKC

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone use 3xs laptop from Scan.co.uk

Been looking at them and spec wise pretty much what I want, I know laptop not best for photography but it is my only option
Anyone got any experience of them

Does anyone use 3xs laptop from Scan.co.uk

Been looking at them and spec wise pretty much what I want, I know laptop not best for photography but it is my only option
Anyone got any experience of them
Which particular one are you looking at? Also how much you thinking of spending?

ask scan they are very knowledgeable , and will advice you , just set you max budget, and also be clear what you want to use the laptop for

Cheers Steve funny you say that just been looking tonight and thought to myself just aswell ring them and see which one they recommend

What do you plan to use it for?
Do you have preference for mac or windows?

it will be the only computer so all my photo work, windows MAC is just too much money for the amount of editing I do

it will be the only computer so all my photo work, windows MAC is just too much money for the amount of editing I do
I've been looking at mac for a friend. I don't like them personally, purely from I am too ignorant to learn how to use them.

But, if you buy a used one, there are some great machines that will last you years both in spec and build.

I.e a mac book pro, then have a monitor at home

If you can take a look at one and check the noise level, we have a beast of a laptop in the studio, however it sounds like a hovercraft at full tilt, unusable in a quiet environment. The spec for the cash is great though, and scan are really good.

If you can take a look at one and check the noise level, we have a beast of a laptop in the studio, however it sounds like a hovercraft at full tilt, unusable in a quiet environment. The spec for the cash is great though, and scan are really good.

eeekkkkkkk a hovercraft :oops: :$:oops: :$ to be honest that is my biggest problem actually getting to see anything before buying other than pcworld

I notice it says 16GB RAM is the limit. That's fine for photos but probably not enough for video editing (and odd that they should suggest this is suitable for that purpose). It seems normal to require 32GB or more for 4K video work.

did see that but in the configurator you can select 32gb

I've been looking at mac for a friend. I don't like them personally, purely from I am too ignorant to learn how to use them.

But, if you buy a used one, there are some great machines that will last you years both in spec and build.

I.e a mac book pro, then have a monitor at home

Have considered a monitor but unless I really got into serious editing it would never be used

It makes editing MUCH nicer.
I have started using the Cintique hd, which is great for doing detail, but I hate the quality of screen.

I don't know about the rest of you, but everyone seems to reccomend mac for photos and videos.

Back