Large Model Aircraft

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
A few large model Aircraft from Cosford yesterday .

Nice set you missed the flyby from the Vulcan bomber on saturday, and the three WW1 planes that landed there.

I love a bit of big scale flying!
Some great captures here.

It always chokes me when people don't put pilots in their planes, especially on plane as photogenic as the Pitts.

Will let Andy know that you think it should have a pilot in there but with some of the stunts he pulls he most likely does not want the flexible weight flying around.

when you said "Large Scale" you weren't joking were you!!!!

lovely shots (y)

Great set of shots of some wonderful models,I was planning to go to this on Saturday but like a fool I took notice of the BBC weather forcast so stayed at home

Yes me and Alz123 nearly never went because of the weather report ,glad they got it wrong . Was a few showers and dull but overall a good day.

when you said "Large Scale" you weren't joking were you!!!!

lovely shots (y)

Yeah they were massive it was an awesome sight to see them fly , the flyers were so skilled .

Nice set you missed the flyby from the Vulcan bomber on saturday, and the three WW1 planes that landed there.

Will let Andy know that you think it should have a pilot in there but with some of the stunts he pulls he most likely does not want the flexible weight flying around.

Yeah shame we missed the Vulcan and the WW1 planes would of been great to see them.

Thankyou for your comments

The Lancs are awesome, must have been amazing to watch.

Dave

Love #7. The yellow plane looks like it's going to lose out in that dog fight !!

Well they are all pretty impressive, great set of shots of some very big models!

Good shots and beautiful models. They really look real. Great advancement from when I flew RC models in the 50's and early 60's. The cost got so high I got my license. I figured if I'm going to spend that much money, I was going to ride in it, not watch from the ground.

The yellow plane

Seriously????:bat:

:naughty::naughty::nono:

That yellow plane is a Piper Cub, arguably the most recognizable aircraft of all time....

Well, depending on who we ask it surely should make the Top 10 list anyway!

Great set of images BTW!

I especially like that P-47B, just a pity the prop gives it away a bit!

Last edited:
Oh, and absolutely LOVE the Fairey Swordfish!

Any more to show?(y)

Back