Laser paper

Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone recommend a 7 x 5 Photo paper for Laser printers.
I use Inkjet for most of my photos, but I would like the option of printing on a Laser printer.
Most I have found are advertised as Laser and Inkjet; I am under the impression that it should be 'one or the other', as the surface coatings are completely different.

TBH, I wouldn't advise a laser printer for photos - inkjets do a far better job, even if the colours are a bit (!) more expensive and the prints take longer to complete.

I bought some Staples laser photo paper to try out (for B&W prints) and it works fine in my inkjet as well.

To avoid a long explanation, I'll simply state that I found I needed to use my colour laser printer to produce photos for an exhibition (the prep work is still ongoing). I was surprised by the quality of the photographs, and needed a powerful hand lens to spot (pun intended) the difference. Paper is another matter. I found the HP photo laser paper to have a cream base tint that affected the colour balance, and in the end printed on plain photocopier paper which of course is a matt finish not glossy.

When mounted, weight differences disappear, but in terms of "feel" 160 gsm paper felt very like matt photo prints, 120 gsm just under single weight paper, and 80 gsm very flimsy.

The practical side - apart from colour - was that the HP photo glossy was 215 gsm and required a different paper tray in my C2880N and in practice needed each sheet to be guided in by hand. The others could go into the standard paper tray as a stack. Other printers will no doubt be different, and this is a report based on only one paper - which I didn't use in the end.

Most I have found are advertised as Laser and Inkjet; I am under the impression that it should be 'one or the other', as the surface coatings are completely different
Some inkjet paper will ruin laser printer as the plastic coating melts in the printers fuser unit and jam the rollers as the melted plastic coating cools down.

i too have used Hp laser photo paper ( glossy 120g ) and the results were not that good
the printers i have tried this paper on is a OKI C301dn LED printer as well as samsung and dell consumer lasers
non came near to my ageing canon s9000 for print quality

Back