Last days of the RAF Big Cat (Jaguar)

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
No
From May 2007 just before the Big Cats were retired from active service taken in the Mach Loop Wales :-

pix1.jpg

pix2.jpg

pix3.jpg

pix4.jpg

pix5.jpg

Cheers
Bill

I see why you chose that one as your avatar :clap:

Strictly speaking some of these are over the 800 pixels size limit for the forum but I can't bring myself to break them to links :)

WOW!! No's 1& 3 for me superb:clap::clap::clap:

Takes me back to my youth.....

Travelling to airfields in the back of an old souped up Mk3 Cortina....... Those were the days:D

crikey those are good
so big and sharp and clear :clap:(y)

btw are there 3 different aircraft in these pics?

These pictures are amazing what gear did you use? I hope to get pictures like this one day. This is the area I want to get into. The fast moving subjects like this and wildlife.

They are all stunning but #1 closely followed by #2 WOW :clap:

Good catch Bill. I only managed to catch one Jag low level. The conditions were far from ideal so I decided to just sit back and enjoy the sight instead.

I did get to spend a day with 6 Sqn before they disbanded though :D

Thanks guys and thanks and apologies Robert I hadn't realised some were more than 800 wide my fault.

We saw some great flying that week the guy in the first image was actually inverting over the top of my head and then rolled out into the valley absolutely amazing there was a tog on the opposite hillside got a stunning shot of him inverted.

Gear was Canon 1Ds and 400mm f2.8.

Cheers
Bill

Great photo's, the first one reminds me of the old PG Tips collection cards for the Jaguar.

It was an awesome looking plane too.

great shots so whats replaced them now? eurofighter?

Beautiful pictures Bill.
The first may just be the finest lowfly photo ive seen to date.
Dean:)

Number 5 for me. Magnificent pictures, all of them.

Ben

Thanks again for your comments much appreciated.

Bill

Super images of a magnificent flyer ... (y) ... not a lot wrong with most of those but I guess you've done this before ... :D

Although it's always sad when any old Jaguar fades away ... :shrug:

:p

Super shots of the 'Jag's' Bill.......I'll remember 'Jag Week' for a long time to come.....boy those guy's were going some.....you see alot of exciting flying in the Mach loop but these guy's were just something else.....Cheers Bazza

Back