Last game of the season

Name
kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Well last game of the 2014/15 football season for the team that I take pictures for tomorrow. Will be taking pictures for a local cricket team for the first time so im a looking forward to trying something new. Anybody else trying a new sport this year?

For me it was rugby, and my last games are sunday as well, I have two Cup finals at Gloucester Kingsholm stadium tomorrow :)

Ive been trawling through lots of cricket pictures to try and get some ideas, just need to get the first game done and see how I get on. Hope weather holds up for you tomorrow

I still have about a dozen games of football in May . Mostly cup finals ..Right up to end of the month..

Well my team got beat 1-0 so now have a play off game to try and gain promotion.

I've got two league games including a Dundee derby and a trip to Crystal Palace for Julian Speroni's testimonial to shoot and loads and loads of amateur/school/semi-pro cup finals in the next three weeks

The sport I've photographed a bit this year that proved challenging is badminton - that shuttlecock moves at some speed

I had two more games until Middlesbrough made the playoffs so another one in there now (two this weekend, one next).

New sports this year are Rugby (League and Union), Netball, Golfand Basketball

Seasons never end... be it soccer or basketball, or volleyball...
There's always some level of action to cover :)
British basketball season ended on Sunday.. but the other leagues that I cover in Spain/Germany/Italy are still continuing.
Once they stop.. the international season tips-off :)
Same story with Volleyball really... and with soccer there is always some domestic league going on. The one in England ends soon.. but the ones I cover in Nordic countries have just started (and then there is the World Cup this year!)

I still have about a dozen games of football in May . Mostly cup finals ..Right up to end of the month..

15th May and I already did 12 matches this month and I have another 9 booked in for May..so far.. Last two games in May are the league one playoff final at wembley and FC United v Benfica ...

Unfortunately I now have just changed jobs and I now will work more weekends which means less weekend sports! Narrows it down a bit.

Multiple football matches every week and the last one is 6th june an u11s county match .... Looking like my off season will be as long as three weeks this yr as the big boys will be back at start of july for pre season..

It's quietened down a little bit - just got seven football matches left (that I know of at the moment) with the last being on Friday 29th May - then off to Vancouver on holiday for a fortnight - when I get back it's straight back to it with the new amateur summer league in the city.

One game left for me and its Newcastle vs Wesh Ham at the weekend. Being a Newcastle fan I can't think of anything worse at the minute.

Weekend after is Magic Weekend I'm looking at covering and then the odd cricket game in the coming weeks of the off season

Anyone doing playoff finals over bank holiday... Booked for my team PNE on sunday but no confirmations yet.. anyone else?

American football is one im going to try if shifts allow! Taking a trip to Snetterton as well at some point as well.

American football is one im going to try if shifts allow! Taking a trip to Snetterton as well at some point as well.

If you like watching a bunch of men stood round talking then american football is the one to do..... no wonder it goes on for hrs..

Its just another sport in my area I thought I would try but im thinking it might be more work than its worth.

Its just another sport in my area I thought I would try but im thinking it might be more work than its worth.

always worth giving any sport a go mate.. just saying not the easiest.. when the action does take place the whole object seems to be to pretend you ahve the ball.. make other players think you ahve the ball... unfortuntaly the photogrpaher...... haha

My job has changed and im now working 4 out of 6 sundays so got to find sports that fit in with shifts. I have watched AF on tv and thought how the hell is that an easy sport to photograph, getting to long in the tooth to chase them up and down the touchline.

never understood why they do they.. I ahve plenty of decent AF photos and never chased the game... 400 and 7o-200 sat behind the line..

Yes thats the answer, a 400mm! On the look out for one but all ive seen is beyond my budget. Would you think a 70-200 + 1.7 is long enough for sunday cricket? Not sure if it is!

Yes thats the answer, a 400mm! On the look out for one but all ive seen is beyond my budget. Would you think a 70-200 + 1.7 is long enough for sunday cricket? Not sure if it is!

depends on the cricket.. I cover two leagues and the smaller league play on smaller grounds and I could use my 300 ok .. But a decent size ground you need longer lens... someone else wil tell you they use a 200 and tc OK :) I would say try it and see :)

I have had a look at a few grounds and I think im on the limit but will just have to try a few games! Might buy an older 500 nikon afs and see how I get on, but then its not much use for footie. Must remember and do lottery tonight and get that 400 2.8 if I win

Last game of the season will be Wembley on Sunday for the 1st Division play-offs. Would have preferred Stoke v Liverpool for Stevie G's final game but t'was not to be. Would like to get some top class cricket under my belt over the summer plus a bit more tennis.

Last match of the season on Saturday, the Scottish Cup Final between two unfancied teams Inverness CT and Falkirk. Actually looking forward to it if truth be told. Hopefully the celebrations are more enthusiastic than Celtic Park at the weekend when the league trophy was presentation, never felt such a flatness to an "occasion".

Kipax, looks like you were sat not far from me at some point, opposite the tunnel/technical area. Great atmosphere all day - as a Liverpool fan I was just thankful to be nowhere near Stoke on Sunday afternoon...

Shooting a cup final tonight and another plus a league decider tomorrow - hopefully that's it - off to Vancouver on Wednesday - only sports photography I'll be doing out there is an afternoon shooting fans outside opening (for Vancouver) Women's World Cup games

Kipax, looks like you were sat not far from me at some point, opposite the tunnel/technical area. Great atmosphere all day - as a Liverpool fan I was just thankful to be nowhere near Stoke on Sunday afternoon...

haa.. I was right on the end...

Back