Last Journey

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit tongue in cheek for 'Transport'…When I saw this, locally, I couldn't help getting a shot. I did ask,by the way.. sort of out of respect. Goodness knows how much this would have cost.I've just googled it. Approximately £1100 and with 4 horses £1800. When my time comes I'll donate meself to the 'ospital for medical use..Uni students,I assume....save my wife any expense..lol.

2m2fbk6.jpg

I do like the carriage just not the price...

Once in a 'death' time journey.

...........Still you would never know, if they carted you off in a wheelie bin, after you had departed this mortal coil.

"When my time comes I'll donate meself to the 'ospital for medical use..Uni students,I assume....save my wife any expense..lol."

Unfortunately I think your body is given back to your relatives to deal with once the students have finished with it.

I like the photo btw :)

AL

Last edited:
Indeed,indeed, Ian..it may as well be a wheelie bin as far as the deceased is concerned. I've always said that funerals are really for the living to make them feel better.

Al..I didn't know that. Must be in the small print Lol. Just done another google. You do indeed get the body back but in cremated form.

Oh yes,..and thanks re. photo. Glad you liked it.

I guess, as the livery is all white, this is a carriage for taking a groom to his wedding......

Paul...I have no idea. I assume the coffin had been in it. It wasn't a wedding,it was a funeral. I think they have white carriages with seats when it's a wedding. Maybe they can convert them..lol.

My mum always wanted the horse and carriage funeral , And that what she had ,the one mum had was all black , RIP mum

Nice image

Cheers. Allen..Nice your mum had her wish.

Just popped into this forum as I thought the replies here had run their course,hence the late reply.

No problem. It really is a loevly shot with nice colours. I'd be tempted to photoshop the lamp post out mind you ;)

Back