Last Light in The Park

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
A fluke. Hand held at 1/13th sec.

DSC_7456HDRBWB.jpg

The light was amazing, all purples and pinks, but it just worked better in B&W.

Last edited:
Awesome!!!!!!!!!! One of your best ;)

My only crit not sure on the vigenette(?) on the top left as it's going down one side rather than the other corner is just in the corner

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! One of your best ;)

My only crit not sure on the vigenette(?) on the top left as it's going down one side rather than the other corner is just in the corner

Thankyou Neil. The vignette is from my blasted filter holder, but I didn't crop it because I quite like the effect on this picture for some reason. I'm sure there is a way I could introduce a better one though.

Looking back, it does draw the attention. Now edited.

Last edited:
The subjects could not have been better positioned for that shot, I like it in B&W (y)

Really Nice...... I can't imagine it being a fluke, you must have a really good eye.

What kit did you use and what settings, if you don't mind me asking ?

I have a Canon 400d with a basic 18-55 lens, is it possible to get shots like this one with my kit ?
(y)

Matt, Mal & Julian, many thanks for your kind comments.

According to the exif data, it was 1/13th sec at f4, and 12mm on a Tokina 12-24mm. There was a 0.9 ND Grad on the lens, and the B&W conversion was done in Dynamic Photo HDR using only the B&W mixer, with some levels and tinting in Corel PSP.

It really was pure luck, hand held, spur of the second and hope for the best. The horses were 'grazing' rapidly towards me, and seconds later it was all soft muzzles and warm breath. I can't believe that the only serious blurring is the tail of the pony on the right.

Thats a lovely image full of interest from top to bottom! Lovely conversion too!

Back