Last Night at Durdle Door

Name
ewan
Edit My Images
No
Hello,

these were taken last night from durdle door, there were alot of other togs there, so i wonder if anyone from these forums were amongst them.

Anyway if you were there i apologise in advance for cloning you all out!:D

Thanks for looking

Ewan

Very impressive.

Both of these photos are excellent, i cant really think of anything else to say... they are fantastic, it may be of a popular location that has been photographed many times, but i never get bored of looking at them.
(y)(y)

Chris

I was there yesterday too. Saw a lot of togs setting up their tripods.

I was mucking about with my small RF though. Got down to the stair hole and got, I think, a few nice shots. Have to wait till the rolls get developed

I was there yesterday too. Saw a lot of togs setting up their tripods.

I was mucking about with my small RF though. Got down to the stair hole and got, I think, a few nice shots. Have to wait till the rolls get developed

Yes there were a hell of a lot of people around including at least 25 photographers when i took these. i must have cloned out almost 80 people overall from these shots!

I couldnt stand the waiting for film, far too impatient! :)

Last edited:
Wow. Now they are 2 very stunning images, that second is I would say the nicest landscape picture I think I have ever seen. Well done, the cloning out of people is worth it!

Mitch

Beautiful shots - the light is just perfect. Liking the colours in #2

Very, very nice shots and nice job with the cloning. The composition on both is spot on.

A minor crit on the 2nd is the way you've blended the different exposures for the sky and sea/land. It seems a little un-natural having a solid two stop difference between the two on the horizon, especially on the left hand side away from the sun where the sky is darker. If the blend was feathered more it would look more natural to my eye........ but thats just being very picky about two excellent shots.

They are superb! You have really caught the atmosphere of the evening light. Wonderful work!

BTW, What lens did you use for these shots?

Last edited:
Very, very nice shots and nice job with the cloning. The composition on both is spot on.

A minor crit on the 2nd is the way you've blended the different exposures for the sky and sea/land. It seems a little un-natural having a solid two stop difference between the two on the horizon, especially on the left hand side away from the sun where the sky is darker. If the blend was feathered more it would look more natural to my eye........ but thats just being very picky about two excellent shots.

Hi Ted, thanks for your feedback.

btw just looked at your website, some really top draw stuff on there!

Cheers

Ewan

Fantastic shots, very nice colours!

Very, very nice, they look like they have had some HDR treatment, have they?

Very, very nice, they look like they have had some HDR treatment, have they?

I thought so too, but obviously not. I'm inexperienced and am just getting used to analysing pictures.

Gorgeous shots by any standards.(y)

Back