Last of the Mud Flats

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
These were from the maybe pile from last week that I decided to tinker with and was quite happy with the results. The light was going quite quickly in these shots so there has been a decent amount of recovery both in lightroom and in photoshop. Lightrooms gradient tool and local adjustment brush are awesome, I highly recommend it if you shoot a lot of RAW's.
These were taken at similar settings, 16mm, f/16, ISO100 and around 2 seconds exposure. Again I warmed the tones up by adjusting the WB in lightroom, I wasn't after a high contrast HDR look but I did bring back some detail with the local adjustment brush on the rocks and the gradient on the sky.

CC always welcome folks

IMG_5979-Edit-724028.jpg

IMG_5988-Edit-769924.jpg

I like the contrast of these (y) and thanks for explaining how they're done (y)

Any chance of seeing a 'before' shot to see what sort of results you can get?

I really like both of those pictures! Makes me wonder what some of mine could look like with some work done like you suggested!

I'll dig them out, doug :). The originals were fairly flat and dull (like I say they were in the maybe pile) hence the tweaks, I don't want it to descend into a photography ethics war though, I'll go find them...

Cheers :)

I really do like number 1. With a touch of brighting to the right hand side it would look goo on a canvas :)

Back