Last portrait of dad, as taken by Millie

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
Well last night I downloaded some photos that my eldest had taken over the couple of weeks and found this one of my dad, unfortunately he passed away very suddenly a week ago today. I think this sums up my dad in a nutshell and he will be greatly missed by all the family. Thanks for looking. Edit, I should add that this is what my 2 girls aged 5 and 9 did to him for a bit of fun.
02Feb2008024a.jpg

Sorry to hear about your Dad.
He looks a fun guy! I bet you're chuffed with the photo.

My condolences to you and your family, I'm sure this is a picture you and your children will treasure for a long time.

sorry to hear your sad news......but what a great way for your family to remember him by.......a picture tells a thousand stories xxx

Dave sorry to hear your very sad news, but what a brilliant way for everyone in you family to remember him. Looks like a top Bloke (y)

Sorry to here your sad news Dave, from the photo I would say he seems a fun yet patient type of chap. My thoughts are with you and your family.

A great shot and at least the kids will have this photo to make them smile in years to come.

I'm sorry for you loss, he looks like he must have been a top bloke..... and thats a great shot to remember him by.

That's a photo you and your daughers will cherish.

Sorry to hear your news.

Make sure you have a copy of this on CD - and frame it.

He looks like a kind man.

Such a sad story, but lovely at the same time, if that makes sense :)

What a brilliant photo, you had no idea it had been taken? I imagine it would be a bittersweet surprise to find :)

Such a sad story, but lovely at the same time, if that makes sense :)

What a brilliant photo, you had no idea it had been taken? I imagine it would be a bittersweet surprise to find :)

Betty, I had no idea that Millie had taken it, we all got painted that day, mum, dad, my brother, Millie's sister Alice and me. Boy did I smile and shed a tear at the same time when I downloaded the pictures.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to look and comment, it means a lot to me, Thank You all.

Sorry to hear about your loss Dave. That is one cracking picture. Pop a copy in your wallet and when you need to be close to him........
Best wishes to you and your family

Kev.

so great that you have a fun memory
it's never easy is it

Just stumbled across this thread.

Dave .... sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. My thoughts are with you and your family & friends.

The photo taken by your daughter will be cherished for many years to come and I have no doubt the memories it brings will have all of you smiling!

Deepest sympathies mate.

Anth.

Dave I keep coming back to look at it, and shed a tear just now.

Its just lovely :)

I echo the comments of others here, I'm truly sorry to hear your news and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and all of your family.

What a lovely way to remember your dad - I think it's definitely one to frame :)

Take care

Matt

Sorry to hear of your loss. Having lost my own father suddenly I know how these images become more valuable as time passes.
He looks a man you can be proud off and this image I am sure is a great way for him to be remembered.

^^^ As above ^^^

Just got round to read this thread. Sorry to read about your loss. I am sure the photo helps in remembering the good times you had together!;)

Lovely photo - will mean a lot to Millie too especially as she gets older (and your other daughter too). It certainly looks like your dad was having fun and enjoying being a grandad. Best wishes to you and your family x

Great photo :) Lost all the newer ones I had of my Gran who recently passed when a NAS failed :(

Treasure the memory, looks like a fun bloke who treasured his grand kids :)

A picture really does speak a thousand words doesn't it. This one certainly does.

Very sorry about the loss of your father.

Dave, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. All Dads are special, but yours looks like an extra special one. I hope all your photos of him keep his memory fresh for you and your daughters. :hug:

Great photo :) Lost all the newer ones I had of my Gran who recently passed when a NAS failed :(

Treasure the memory, looks like a fun bloke who treasured his grand kids :)

h4rri, it's so sad to lose pictures you can't replace. Does anybody else in the family have some pics of her that you can copy?

Back