Lastolite collapsible backgrounds

Edit My Images
No
Are these any good? I have ordered a speedlight, & brolley with stand. I just need a background, mostly for a home setup to practice but may on occasion travel.

Does anyone use these? Do they use a stand or do they just lean against the wall? I'm thinking of a double sided black/white one

They are fine, the size is their biggest limiting factor. I have a pair of stands to hold them but I have hung them to doors, pinned them to walls and leaned them against a wall in the past.

Little John said:
They are fine, the size is their biggest limiting factor. I have a pair of stands to hold them but I have hung them to doors, pinned them to walls and leaned them against a wall in the past.

Are they too small?

It depends what your shootinghead shot plenty of room, full length then the 5x6 can be limitting. I have a 5x6 and a 6x7 with train which is much better

I had a play with the bigger one and the black and white train a few nights ago. Pretty nice to use and great for shooting headshots/3/4 shots. I haven't used them for full length but I would imagine the 6x7 would be about the right size. The only issue for me is that they are a bas****d to pack away.

I bought one at Focus with last years birthday cash I managed to get it set up a couple of weeks ago and I was pleased with the results, I even worked out how to get it back into the bag!

Very easy to put away once you know how we even have the 7x8 highlite and I get that in the bag first time every time now.

I have Lastolite Grey/White collapsible background. Works very well for single person, more are quite difficult to squeeze in. I usually just lean the background against a wall or any other flat surface. However the background does have the possibility to be attached to stands, there are straps at sides.

Close up of the materials pattern

IMG_0052 by Oskars Lablaiks, on Flickr

Picture taken using the white side.

Michel by Oskars Lablaiks, on Flickr

To get the backgroung to go white then you need the subject to stand a few feet in front of the background and then couple of lights to blow out the background.

otherwise, use photoshop.

You can use the straps to tie it onto a background support or a couple of stands, or alternatively you can use a 1116 stand that will support up to 6x7 collapsible's. It has a couple of clips that you attach to the frame, one at the top, one at the bottom. Easy peasy. :)

B

You can use the straps to tie it onto a background support or a couple of stands, or alternatively you can use a 1116 stand that will support up to 6x7 collapsible's. It has a couple of clips that you attach to the frame, one at the top, one at the bottom. Easy peasy. :)

B

Thats exactly how they work. I lost the bottom clamp on one of mine hence the purchase of a 2nd stand but using 2 on the 6x7 works better anyay.

Back