Lastolite Hilite - cleaning the vinyl

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I use baby wipes to clean the dirt off the train, however any ideas how to get rid of sticky tape marks from the edge of the vinyl?

Do they still sell Zoff, that was great stuff for removing plasters from your skin!

On the same note, anyone recommend any gaffer tape that doesn't leave sticky marks :)

thanks

I was hoping to leave the vinyl as new, not rough around the edges and stinking of bleach ;p

I use cream cleaner to get the marks off but I take pics of dogs all the time they always wee on it

use alcohol gel.. leave the gel for a minute or 2 and then wipe it

Sorry to bring this thread back, but after spending the last hour scrubbing the train with cif to get rid of the dirt, I'm still no closer to removing the sticky tape residue.

I've tried cif, fairy liquid, alcohol gel, nail varnish remover - and the sticky residue is still there.

If the sticky residue is from a tape that is not covered with a permanent type glue, I normally use "White Spirit" to remove the gum residue - but try a little on a small section just in case it may interact, although it should normally be OK on a vinyl surface.

thanks, WD40 shifted it in the end

WD40 is also good for removing stains as well as being a lubricant, but I would try a general purpose cleaner now as the WD40 cleaned surface might be too slippery on the vinyl................

lostsoulal2 said:
WD40 is also good for removing stains as well as being a lubricant, but I would try a general purpose cleaner now as the WD40 cleaned surface might be too slippery on the vinyl................

Yep have done, used some neat fairy liquid then thoroughly cleaned the area to ensure it wasn't slippy.

Might insist on bare feet from now on to save me an hour of scrubbing to get the other dirty marks out

What do others do?

Have you thought about perspex over the train , it will give you a nice reflection as well .

You can use 2 smaller sheets and overlap them to hide the join . You only need to use a 6mm or so if that makes it easier to fit in to the car ?

I'm only going on what somebody I was talking to once said , so not from exprience . I'm sure that it would scratch , how easy I'm not sure . If the person been shot was carefull I'm sure that it would be fine .

Back