Lastolite HiLite

jsy

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,
Does anyone have one of these?

Mine just arrived this morning, once unloaded I saw this, it looks like wear and tear and not something you would expect as NEW for over £200. Or am I being over dramatic and they all look like that from the factory? :|

I have contacted the seller and Lastolite, but niether have replied as yet.

showphoto.php
[/url]
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Looks bad but it will not be seen when it is in use, the white will be blown out.

Sadly they crease and get screwed up like that when they are put up and down.

Looks to have lots of pinches though which is strange..!

Mine never looked like that and still doesn't.

Send it back. Mines not in that condition and I shoot with it on a very regular basis (take it up/down all the time).

Regards

Danny

Hmmmmm,

Well mine looks roughly like that and I thought it was totally normal.......but the majority of the creases disappear once its been opened and stood up in a 'warm' environment for a short while. Perhaps if you put a studio light inside for a while to warm it up?

It could be because of the cold weather the creases are more apparent, but I have not seen any of the creases in any shots I have taken. I have not used mine for over 9 months, so dread to think what the creases will be like initially...

Will be interested to hear what Lastolite have to say.

Nope, mine not like that either, I would send it back. Although it will be fine in use it will look terrible pitching this up :(

Send it back. Mines not in that condition and I shoot with it on a very regular basis (take it up/down all the time)

Same as above, and if mine turned up like that i would have sent it straight back :thumbsdown:

Alan,

if you ask Mark at Lastolite to take a look at this thread, he may suggest something that could help. Try It......................... give him a ring!

Malcolm

Mine doesnt look like that, and i have struggled to collapse mine so had a few scrapes but nothing like that

there were creases initially but they fell out when Lasolite was erected, but op doesn't look like creases more like scratches

Mine has a few I think but not as bad and like said above once opened they pretty much go away after a bit.

I'll just add that mine doesn't look that bad either. The thing is that IF you accept it like this then you will need more light to rid yourself of all the creases. The best amount of light is JUST enough as this avoids back lighting your subject.

I'm still unsure why they use a black border on the thing :shrug:

Mine had creases but once errect they stretched out, it never looked as bad as yours though. Not sure about those dimply bits you have though, looks like the rods been pushing against it, is the box damaged?
Try putting the thing up and see how it looks, you'll see some marks and creases but they disappear if you blow the background out anyway so it not a problem.

I had one that was like that so i sent it back and got a replacement :shake:

Thank you for all the advice and replies.

I have erected the Hilite a few times and left it in a warm room but alas, some of the creases and some small stubborn marks remain.

Lastolite have said it may have been stored badly or damaged in transit, I still have the box it arrived in which looks ok.

The reseller(I would rather not say who this is until after the resolution) has made a couple of excuses about having it returned, not reading emails in a timely fashion, problems with the courier. Then out of the blue yesterday, asks if I want to keep it and I can have £40 for my trouble.
So I pushed my luck a little and said I would accept the vinyl train (£60 +p&p) which accompanies the Hilite as compensation, this was declined.

The marks do not appear in the test photo's taken, but I still feel that after spending over £200, it should be in tip top condition.

I am awaiting details of the courier..

Last edited:
Quite right. Get what you paid for and send it back. More bother for the too - Good shout about the train though - Surprised they rejected!

I can have £40 for my trouble.

Personally i would rather have another Hi-lite, £40 is peanuts when you consider the amount of time you will spend on PP getting the creases out to get your photos right, particularly if your using it in a work capacity and not just for personal use.

You might not see the creases when the hilite is lit, but it's also a very nice grey background when the lights are turned off.... Then you WILL see the creases.

Send it back.

Eventually they decided to send me the vinyl train free of charge, which I am happy with.
All the pics I have taken with it do not show any marks, so I am happy with the result and will put up with having to see the creases when it is not lit. I use continuous lighting when it is in use which helps.

The company which I dealt with was Fotosense, this is the 3rd item I have bought from them, this was the first problem I have had with them, although I think they have been quite fair in finding a resolution.

Eventually they decided to send me the vinyl train free of charge, which I am happy with.
All the pics I have taken with it do not show any marks, so I am happy with the result and will put up with having to see the creases when it is not lit. I use continuous lighting when it is in use which helps.

The company which I dealt with was Fotosense, this is the 3rd item I have bought from them, this was the first problem I have had with them, although I think they have been quite fair in finding a resolution.

Glad you got sorted in the end then!

Back