Late morning in Windermere (image added)

Name
Maureen
Edit My Images
Yes
Windermere8045webpb.jpg

Room with a view. Something a bit different.

Windermere8009webpb.jpg

C&C welcome :)

Last edited:
Great image of the Lakes - trees, mountains and clouds. I think the Lakes are more interesting when the skies are grey. My only suggestion would be a crop to remove the buildings to the right as the white buildings are less typical than the grey buildings to the left. Like it a lot.

Thank you both very much. I know I still have a long way to go to produce decent landscapes but I feel really encouraged by the responses I've received today :)

Snow. Cor!
I like the first one it has depth

Its fascinating to see the change of light from your earlier shot Maureen!

#1 for me- the mountains look grand :)

Very very nice. I think I am in my "high contrast mood", as if I had these, I would apply a TEENCY contrast tweak and perhaps a smidgen of saturation.

Very very nice. I think I am in my "high contrast mood", as if I had these, I would apply a TEENCY contrast tweak and perhaps a smidgen of saturation.

Thanks very much Gary really chuffed to get such positive feedback on my landscapes. Giving me the inspiration to go out and take some more. It's an area I'm not confident with at all. See what you mean about the contrast :)

Very nice shots indeed, certainly is a room with a view, is it a Guest House, or are you that lucky?
Kevin :)

Very nice shots indeed, certainly is a room with a view, is it a Guest House, or are you that lucky?
Kevin :)

Thanks very much Kevin. This was the view from my hotel in Windermere. I wish I woke to this every morning :)

Good to see snow up there already. Hopefully back in the Lakes for 1 day at the end of the month.

The 1st works for me much more than the second. More depth on the 1st and the building distracts me on the 2nd too much. Keep at it with landscapes, the scenery is lovely around that area and some nice long walks too.

Good to see snow up there already. Hopefully back in the Lakes for 1 day at the end of the month.

The 1st works for me much more than the second. More depth on the 1st and the building distracts me on the 2nd too much. Keep at it with landscapes, the scenery is lovely around that area and some nice long walks too.

Thanks a lot. I intend to :)

Back