latest photoshoot. beautiful model

Name
Katie
Edit My Images
Yes
these are a handful of my most recent shots the model is my beautiful cousin who asked me to shoot for her. ***NOTE she is 21 years old, much older than she appears

Melanie_Photoshoot_135_copy.jpg

Melanie_Photoshoot_138_copy.jpg

Melanie_Photoshoot_327.jpg

Melanie_Photoshoot_213.jpg

Melanie_Photoshoot_173_copy.jpg

she also asked me to touch up her skin which i don't generaly do, i'm a fan of a fairly natural photo but it was kind of interesting doing more photoshop work than im used to. have i overdone it in some of them though? i'm not sure. anyway feedback is always appreciated any favorites? comments, positive and especially negative would greatly help me in the future thanks!

Last edited:
Very pretty girl, very nice shots...the picture frame is an especially creative and interesting touch.

lol yeah that pink frame has kind of become my trademark it generaly shows up during most of my shoots!

hi, really like these, especially No.1 (y) but worried she might be younger than she appears.

Some lovely creative stuff there producing some nice photos. Only crit is they seem a little on the dark side though could be my poor ole eyes (y)

Pretty model and creative ideas... but I just think the lighting is wrong. The harsh sunlight does no favours at all, and Im sure more could have been done to use the light better.
The exif says you used program mode (auto).

Try aperture priority, or manual, or use a bit of fill flash next time. (y)

Agree with all the above... lovely model and some creative ideas, wish I had a cousin like that! :) Not to repeat what anyone else has said about light but a reflector might help too, for example to soften the shadows on the dark side of her face in 3.

Flashy

Pretty model and creative ideas... but I just think the lighting is wrong. The harsh sunlight does no favours at all, and Im sure more could have been done to use the light better.
The exif says you used program mode (auto).

Try aperture priority, or manual, or use a bit of fill flash next time. (y)

:agree: almost

Any auto function (without exp comp) will produce the same results here - only manual would sort many of your exp issues - and yes a reflector at least would have helped enormously

Creative though, and fun, so have another go and you'll do much better I'm sure

(y)

DD

Great ideas and a stunning young model.

I do agree with the others on the lighting ***. Keep working with the lady and I look forward to seeing some more shots.

hi, really like these, especially No.1 (y) but worried she might be younger than she appears.

Why are you worried :thinking: has it become illegal to take a picture of someone under 18 now :shrug:

Great shots for no use of a flash or reflectors which I assume you didn't have?? 3 has to be my fave great lighting!

What are you saying here?

The photos seem to perfectly OK in every way (other than a bit of dodgy lighting and a little problem with contrast :) ) as far as I can see. Unless of course I've missed something.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone took offence at your comment, just curious as to why you think the pictures may be inappropriate due to the age of the model

Well all I was getting at was that it makes me a little uncomfortable if she is a minor having what is quite a 'sexy' shoot (and in such good quality) given that you don't know who could be lurking here.

I once attended a 'white hat' event on Google hacking - finding out who people are and where they live is surprisingly doable.

Just me being paranoid I guess!

I don't think anyone took offence at your comment, just curious as to why you think the pictures may be inappropriate due to the age of the model

If I may be so bold as to suggest.. I don't think he was refering to the pictures as inappropriate, rather that the model is very pretty but maybe too young to think of in those ways. Which could lead to undesirables getting the kind of shots they like.

Last edited:
Just me being paranoid I guess!

No offence, but yes :) That's paranoid.

I don't get it - if she's fine with it (18 or parents are ok with it), comfortable, safe and so on, if photographer is ok with it... What's wrong with such a shoot? Especially because, forgive me, it looks pretty innocent and I see absolutely nothing sexual in it. It's a kind of appreciation of young beauty to me, that's all.

Guess how old Laura is... I'll help you :) She's almost 19. We have all the documents signed, and she's aware of what she's doing - she's a model. Does she look young? Yep. Am I ok with it? Yes, and she and her family also are. :)

I would understand if there would be any nudity, or stuff like that on the photos shown. But to me these are just sweet shots of a pretty young woman... That's all. :)

actually I'm not criticising the shoot at all or the motivation - it's superb (y) - Orange Peel has sumarised better than me :)

Last edited:
For what its worth, I would agree with pearce and orange peel.

Like it or not (or rather agree with me or not) but this is a raunchy or sexy shoot.

The model has very little in the way of clothes on, and is comming across as sultry or whatever. Although she may well be old enough, she's lucky enough not to look it. Hence I think pearce's and orange peels comments.

I personally dont think this type of shoot is suitable for a girl of 13, 14 or so (which is how old I think she looks, again, I may be wrong)

Obviously loads of people will now disagree with me, but I dont like long drawn out arguments so thats all from me on this.

Other than to say (had the model looked old enough, or indeed be old enough) I like the shoot. As mentioned earlier though, the lighting could be a bit better !!

Backlash anticipated...

I see that we have different view on what's sexy. Fair enough. Maybe it's due to the different cultural background; I've been having the same discussions when I've lived in Dublin... :)

In Eastern Europe girls are starting their careers in modelling in the age of 14, sometimes (rarely though) even younger. And it's not perceived as a problem there. Now, I am not saying that it's ok - it's up to everyone's judgement - but I don't have problems with it personally.

But, to be honest, I don't work with models under 18 years of age. Just to be safe, as UK is weird sometimes ;)

apparently if you wear your hair down and put on a nice dress it's raunchy these days..even if you are 12

perhaps it says more about the person viewing rather than the actual sauciness of the pictures...bit too much read into it I think

anyway, lighting is dodgy, ideas and poses are great I think.

hey guys thanks so much for the feedback. i suppose i should actually have made a note about this. she does look MUCH younger than she actualy is she is 21 (actually i think her 22 birthday is coming up very shortly) she is often mistaken for 13ish but i pomise you she is of legal consent age nearly anywhere in the world.

yes i was having some difficulties with the lighting, i generallly shoot in apperature priority but was not liking the results so gave in and shot automatic, evidently with equally as dodgy results. i'm FAR from being proffessional and am completely self taught so i'm still working my way through things your suggestions are really appreciated. i have been wanting to get a reflector maybe it's time i did, hmm or maybe i can make one (ideas)! thanks!

i have been wanting to get a reflector maybe it's time i did, hmm or maybe i can make one (ideas)! thanks!

Hiya

I'd say get a Lastolite. You can get white, translucent, gold or silver and probably other colours too.

If you can mangage to get the thing back in its bag once you've used it they are the business and you'll wonder what you did without it.

Back