Latest TP layout....

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Sure theres a thread somewhere, but I couldnt see it....

Anyway, just saying thanks for cleaning up and speeding up the navigation on the site. Its now way cleaner and eaier to use.

Cheers !

+3

I like it too but couldn't work out plus how many I was!

Good job though, thanks.:jaffa:

is it about time the popular ''Photos for Pleasure'' was broken down into a few sub-forums

as much as I appreciate the skill & dedication in various genre - macro for example - ATM it is a melting pot for ALL

and is the only place where critique is omitted -- sometimes a good thing IMHO

No sorry I'm in the minority here I don't like it I'm finding it much harder to navigate to the sections as they are so long the list view is ok for short sections but finding the Macro section is a pain now before was easy

stands back and waits for the onslaught :exit:

I'm with baz on this, the step taken after the last review of grouping talk and photo sections together was imo the right option - this is a step back in my view (although i'm aware that opinions will vary and marcel can't please everyone no matter what he does)

WRT photos for pleasure - personally i'd bin this section entirely and introduce a 'not for crit' tag in the other photo sharing boards

[QUOTE="big soft moose, post: 7450474, member: 39650".......
WRT photos for pleasure - personally i'd bin this section entirely and introduce a 'not for crit' tag in the other photo sharing boards[/QUOTE]

sounds like a plan......(y)

surely the view could be condensed slightly, maybe not but its just a small wish:(

Have to admit, I'm not keen either.
As someone who posts a lot from my phone, scrolling is now a pain in the backside...and that's on a phone with a big screen!
I think giving the discussions out of the photo sharing section was a good idea, but re-arranging the genres seems a bit like tweaking for tweakings sake.

Last edited:
Post mainly on my phone so I've not noticed a difference yet. Will log on and have a look later.

Do you use the app? Because using TP through the website on the phone, there's a huge difference.

It seems a bit long winded, and it doesn't do very much for me, but I don't have any real issues. I haven't got a smart phone and only access the site from my laptop, so no comment on that point.

A minor point that puzzles me. Why do we still have a 'Film and Conventional' forum? What's wrong with 'Film'? Digital has become so overwhelmingly dominant that it can probably be regarded as the conventional technology now!

Only thing l dislike is that the competition/challenges section thumbnails seem to dominate the thumbnails on the homepage,
same first pucture for threads umpteen pages long, missing a lot of the new thread uploads which sink without a trace :(
Never happened before

It seems a bit long winded, and it doesn't do very much for me, but I don't have any real issues. I haven't got a smart phone and only access the site from my laptop, so no comment on that point.

A minor point that puzzles me. Why do we still have a 'Film and Conventional' forum? What's wrong with 'Film'? Digital has become so overwhelmingly dominant that it can probably be regarded as the conventional technology now!

It's just a turn of phrase.
The fast majority of international freight has been moved in shipping containers since 1956, but uncontainerised cargo is still referred to as conventional, even though there's not a lot of it these days.

Another who's not keen on the new layout, due to the reasons mentioned above and using computer and phone. With the phone App, I don't seem to receive any notifications alerts anymore using iOS, not sure why?

No sorry I'm in the minority here I don't like it I'm finding it much harder to navigate to the sections as they are so long

Me too.
Talk People and Portraits was nearly dead before; separating it from the corresponding photos group will make it even less used. But then I still reckon the talk & photo critique subgroups should be merged anyway; all critiques involve discussion.

WRT photos for pleasure - personally i'd bin this section entirely and introduce a 'not for crit' tag in the other photo sharing boards

Yup

Another who's not keen on the new layout, due to the reasons mentioned above and using computer and phone. With the phone App, I don't seem to receive any notifications alerts anymore using iOS, not sure why?

And me.

any thoughts @Marcel ? ( just tagging you so you don't miss this )

Do you use the app? Because using TP through the website on the phone, there's a huge difference.

Yep I use the App, never the website on my phone. Haven't noticed any difference unless I'm using a different one or an old version ?

Yep I use the App, never the website on my phone. Haven't noticed any difference unless I'm using a different one or an old version ?

I've never used the app.

I don't use the app(didn't know there was one) but I very often use my phone or iPad to check in especially with threads I'm involved in like this but even on my laptop I seem to be scrolling for ever to find sections I want to visit but at least I don't seem to be on my own with my thoughts the old layout was easier but why are the discussion sections separate from the critique surely if they were amalgamated it would promote more visitors to discussion threads - or am I just old and stupid

It would help if we were allowed to "Ignore" certain sections or even single threads. Some threads just never die and keep coming up every time New Posts is visited.
The only solution is to ignore the author of the post but that causes problems elsewhere. Two of the most repetitive threads have been started by a moderator, and we can't use the ignore button on them.
We can we follow sections/threads but not ignore them? Could that be put in place? It would help reduce my massive ignore list!

If we are to have long lists can we have them in alphabetical order to make it easier to find on a smaller screen?

The latest TP layout is ok

If we had an ignore function for sections, I'd ignore virtually everything except the film section.
I guess that's why we haven't and won't get one..:D

The latest TP layout is ok

If we had an ignore function for sections, I'd ignore virtually everything except the film section.
I guess that's why we haven't and won't get one..:D

You can reduce entire sections of the forum already if you wish so that they don't appear.

Yes, I don't think there was enough bacon on my plate before. I'm still peckish.
Ah yes I see your dilemma .......... When does one truly have enough bacon is it even possible to have " enough bacon" there is always room for just one more slice and we best stay off the subject of Jaffa cakes.........

Last edited:
Ah yes I see your dilemma .......... When does one truly have enough bacon is it even possible to have " enough bacon" there is always room for just one more slice and we best stay off the subject of Jaffa cakes.........

indeed the cocept of 'enough bacon' is in fact self contradictory since the ammount of bacon required for full satisfaction is itself infinite ... I probably should have asked marcel if hehad any relevant thoughts, although equally the question of bacon is of course always highly relevant regardless of the subject at hand

Back