Latest trip around Snowdonia

These look fantastic on the iPad :)

Lovely. Composition particularly strong on the last 2, I feel.

That makes sense.. 1 & 2 were near "grab shots". The first because the light was disappearing fast when I arrives so a quick dash to the most obvious foreground followed together with the fastest time ever for setting the camera up on the tripod. The 2nd is at the same location as the first, about 20 minutes later.. my setup was facing in the same direction as 1 when a passing shower left the nice rainbow, another slight panic to quickly frame it. I had much more time to think about the last two

thanks

Simon

There was a rainbow up there when Dave and I were there earlier in the year, come to think fo it I think there has been every time I've been there! The light really has to be right up there as it's quite a dull landscape otherwise.

Fantastic composition as per usual Simon but they're a bit bland for my liking!

Last edited:
Like the composition and subject in #3. Not so keen on the processing though.

1. Nice scene but the light isn't for me. it is a bit flat, sky looks like it has had a lot of texture recovered on it.
2. As one but the rainbow is nice
3. Flat boring light, nice scene.
4. Much bette, atmposhehrpic in the way the others are not, nice colours and interesting sky

Some good shots....particularly like the last one with the foreground interest and good sky....

Back