Latest trip to Iceland

Fantastic shots, especially the Hvítserkur and Jökulsárlón pics! I've been advised by a friend who went recently to hire a 4x4, can I ask where you hired yours from? How old is your son if you don't mind me asking?? Mine a bit too young!

Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

Fantastic shots, especially the Hvítserkur and Jökulsárlón pics! I've been advised by a friend who went recently to hire a 4x4, can I ask where you hired yours from? How old is your son if you don't mind me asking?? Mine a bit too young!

If you plan to go slightly off the main road then yes a 4x4 is a must. On my last trip I used quite a few back roads which are not tarmacked and in places have severe pot holes. If you are going in late autumn to late spring then i'd get one anyway. Best to get one that will allow 4 wheel drive high range too. There are a number of hire companies at the airport and the prices vary week to week so it's worth doing a bit of searching. I use rentalcars.com a lot and now get a large discount with them. Hope that helps. My son is 7. He struggled a little bit with standing outside at night waiting for the lights even though he had the full cold weather gear. It did get way below freezing though with some strong wind chill factor at times. He sat in the car a lot and waited for me to call him out when they came.

Back