Latest video: Personal Trainer promotion

Nice :)

What software and equipment did you use?

Last edited:
Cool video, has almost made me want to get a personal trainer!

Only thing that annoyed me was at the start when the screen kept fading between each frame. I think it could have worked better if it was more rehearsed so the switch wasnt needed or if you changed the frame to a different angle more which you did once. :shrug:

Also, the title at the start was a bit in your face. I feel if it was a smaller font, in one of the courners with a black background with a little opacity behind it - it may have looked more professional?

Last edited:
lolage said:
Cool video, has almost made me want to get a personal trainer!

Only thing that annoyed me was at the start when the screen kept fading between each frame. I think it could have worked better if it was more rehearsed so the switch wasnt needed or if you changed the frame to a different angle more which you did once. :shrug:

Also, the title at the start was a bit in your face. I feel if it was a smaller font, in one of the courners with a black background with a little opacity behind it - it may have looked more professional?

Thanks for the input.

I did have a second camera for the intro but prefered the fade to black tbh..

I have used the text format you suggested in other videos but preferred the in your face look to this one :)

Thanks again!

Nicely shot, I like it.

Did you have to do much editing on the audio? I have the same mic (although I don't use it much now) and found the quality to be quite bad, but it doesn't seem as bad in this video.

thills123 said:
Nicely shot, I like it.

Did you have to do much editing on the audio? I have the same mic (although I don't use it much now) and found the quality to be quite bad, but it doesn't seem as bad in this video.

I must admit I did have to work on it quite a bit...firstly it needed taking up 12db (could have done with 18 but settled for 12).

Then obviously that increased the noise so I had to play about a bit in soundbooth to get that out.

I find the audio is better quality at switch position 1 but does it needs to be within about 2 foot of your person really...and even then needs a bit of work. Perhaps I'll have a more in depth play around with the switch positions sometime next week and see what the quality can be like on switch 2 which picks up more volume but isn't as natural...

In time I'll get a better mic but for £20 I'm happy to do some editing with this one :)

Thanks.

I must admit I did have to work on it quite a bit...firstly it needed taking up 12db (could have done with 18 but settled for 12).

Then obviously that increased the noise so I had to play about a bit in soundbooth to get that out.

I find the audio is better quality at switch position 1 but does it needs to be within about 2 foot of your person really...and even then needs a bit of work. Perhaps I'll have a more in depth play around with the switch positions sometime next week and see what the quality can be like on switch 2 which picks up more volume but isn't as natural...

In time I'll get a better mic but for £20 I'm happy to do some editing with this one :)

Thanks.

I found the noise quite an issue too and I think it was much worse with the other switch position. For £20 it does a decent job - I've upgraded to the rode video mic and the difference is noticeable (although still needs work in post).

Back