Latest wedding...

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
No
Why is it that you can not link them to this site?

Why is it that you can not link them to this site?

im not at my editing mac where the image files are. The intention is to add a few in the thread later tonight. Every time I upload a wedding I fancy sharing it, then don't, then change my mind and add the link in on the spur of the moment.

Nothing sinister going on.

Because he's lazy... well, that and the fact it gets you on his site. ;)

Great set Gaz. The one of the bride looking up at you is awesome.

Hahaha, I really wish I was that clever lol. No, just always post on here spur of the moment.

Rgds

Some very well caught shots in there Greg, only thing I noticed is the exposure jump two shots into the ceremony, as they're walking in. Is that your flash in the background in the speeches or was it a welcome surprise?

Nice coverage Greg. I'd like the processing even more if the blacks weren't quite so black, but I won't say anything about that. Or the groom's shirt collar.

The only two apparent tendencies which struck me as being worth working on are the inevitable default to bullseye framing for must-have shots, and the overlooking of obvious background issues when concentrating on catching a moment. And believe me, I know a lot about both those issues ...

Standouts for me are the bride looking up while getting her Barnet done, and the tight posed heads shot of the couple (third one outside after the meal). The next one would have been a cracker too if the groom's shirt came close to fitting him, but you can only work with what you get on the day ...

Some very well caught shots in there Greg, only thing I noticed is the exposure jump two shots into the ceremony, as they're walking in. Is that your flash in the background in the speeches or was it a welcome surprise?

cheers

Yep, that exposure jump is odd, looked good initially, unless i have uploaded the wrong file. will check

Thats my flash behind the speeches. I try to do different things now and again. I thought it separated them from the background nicely.

Nice coverage Greg. I'd like the processing even more if the blacks weren't quite so black, but I won't say anything about that. Or the groom's shirt collar.

The only two apparent tendencies which struck me as being worth working on are the inevitable default to bullseye framing for must-have shots, and the overlooking of obvious background issues when concentrating on catching a moment. And believe me, I know a lot about both those issues ...

Standouts for me are the bride looking up while getting her Barnet done, and the tight posed heads shot of the couple (third one outside after the meal). The next one would have been a cracker too if the groom's shirt came close to fitting him, but you can only work with what you get on the day ...

Cheers Sid

So true, middle of the frame issue! I use the outer focus points a bit but tend to lapse into the safe centre. something to work on. Backgrounds too....absolutely

fitted suits and shirts....should be law!

Nice thread to view.
My wife's OCD would kick in and sort his collar out!
Liking the 'dragging shutter' work too.

My wife's OCD would kick in and sort his collar out!

If anybody was going to have a garment which simply didn't fit on their wedding day, you could absolutely guarantee it would be the groom, and the problem was worst when there was that craze for shirts with pseudo wing collars with oversize "wings". A lot of suit hire places included one of those as a freebie with the hire of the groom's suit, and they never, ever, looked even halfway sensible, even on the rare occasion when they were the right neck size.

With an obvious problem such as this one though, I'd have raised the issue as soon as I saw it at prep - just a subtle "Good god, you're not wearing that are you? You'll regret it when you see yer snaps" or suchlike. But more often than not there obviously wouldn't be an alternative available, and in many cases the groom would be stressed enough anyhow without the snapper (who might well not have been there if the groom had his way) adding to it by finding fault with his shirt. Hence my saying above that you can only work with what you get on the day.

Apparently when the blokes go to suit hire places to pick what they're going to be wearing, they're famous for being either pist, in a rush because they're late, way too cool to take any real interest in the process, or all three.

Funny things, bridegrooms ...

Last edited:
If anybody was going to have a garment which simply didn't fit on their wedding day, you could absolutely guarantee it would be the groom, and the problem was worst when there was that craze for shirts with pseudo wing collars with oversize "wings". A lot of suit hire places included one of those as a freebie with the hire of the groom's suit, and they never, ever, looked even halfway sensible, even on the rare occasion when they were the right neck size.

With an obvious problem such as this one though, I'd have raised the issue as soon as I saw it at prep - just a subtle "Good god, you're not wearing that are you? You'll regret it when you see yer snaps" or suchlike. But more often than not there obviously wouldn't be an alternative available, and in many cases the groom would be stressed enough anyhow without the snapper (who might well not have been there if the groom had his way) adding to it by finding fault with his shirt. Hence my saying above that you can only work with what you get on the day.

Apparently when the blokes go to suit hire places to pick what they're going to be wearing, they're famous for being either pist, in a rush because they're late, way too cool to take any real interest in the process, or all three.

Funny things, bridegrooms ...

yep, i have another wedding after this where the groomstyling was lovely. A festival wedding and you could tell the groom and the men were into it. It was refreshing. A few weddings ago the groom took off the waistcoat, cravat and untucked his shirt. Pretty much spent the rest of the evening looking like he had been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Then again, a few weddings before that the guys were super stylish. Unfortunately cant blog the full wedding only a few select images on that one.

Back