Laughter - opinions wanted

Edit My Images
No
laughter_processed.jpg

I'm thinking of using this for the photoblog tomorrow.

First things first, it's a phonecam shot (I know, I know) taken on my train home today and it's obviously a p***-poor photo from a technical standpoint, however... It does have something about it that makes me happy I took it. I think the emotion in the picture carries it enough to use it on the blog but I'd like your opinions before I post it.

I guess it's going to come down to a question about the nature of the blog itself and what I want to get out of it. I realise those questions can only be answered by me but I'd like to know what you'd be thinking if you were in my shoes.

There are much better photos that convey laughter on any stock photography website you care to mention but this is more about a unique image. A snapshot from one of my journeys home. But is that reason enough for me to post it? I'm not sure, as you've probably guessed by now :)

If it was me and I liked it then I'd use it. Nothing else matters. You can't expect to have a personal style if you rely on the judgement of others to dictate your subject/content etc. You know deep down if the images are suitable. I know cause I'm the worst person in the world for this practise ;)

Go on, run it up the flag pole and see who salutes it. You never know, it may prove to be one of your most popular images!

gandhi said:
If it was me and I liked it then I'd use it. Nothing else matters. You can't expect to have a personal style if you rely on the judgement of others to dictate your subject/content etc. You know deep down if the images are suitable. I know cause I'm the worst person in the world for this practise ;)

Go on, run it up the flag pole and see who salutes it. You never know, it may prove to be one of your most popular images!

I have to agree with everything Mr gandhi has said, its your picture, your blog, your style and reputaion that you are putting on the line. Sure the quality may not be the standard that you would normally set but its the content and the feeling that you are displaying in this image.

If you had taken it on a different, higher quality camera would you be asking us the same question? ;)

...plus I'm sure you mentioned recently you were into grain ;). Go for it !!

No - it works. Purely on account of the expressions and spontaniety here.

Steve said:
If you had taken it on a different, higher quality camera would you be asking us the same question? ;)

Or look at it another way: if you were using a differanthigh quality camera would you have got the shot?

Back