Laura and Alan - wedding

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
These two were absolutely great - the venue was lovely and only really the weather made it a bit of a challenge. I actually got *two lots of 30 minutes with them which was a bonus and hopefully the results show that they actually were in to photographs and made the effort !

So few random ones and there is a slideshow on the blog

DSC_2311.jpg

DSC_2418.jpg

DSC_2485.jpg

DSC_2505.jpg

DSC_5205.jpg

DSC_2554.jpg

Great photos as always Simon. I really like the way you use off camera flash. Do you have any help to set it up or do you do it all yourself?

Great photos as always Simon. I really like the way you use off camera flash. Do you have any help to set it up or do you do it all yourself?

Thanks Neil .... 95% of the time I'm on my own - if it is windy I might press gang a bridesmaid to hold the light stand

Beautiful set, .......#3, for me is a wonderful shot, captures everything, plus the PP really suits.

ps. thanks for the tip with the patch tool, really does make a difference.

Dave ....

Thanks David

Nice set Simon. Like the balanced flash in 5 and 7.

These are superb; i love 14 & 15 particularly. Really admire your work and certainly hold it up as a quality to aspire to.

Cracking shots as always Simon :) Looks like you really connected well with the two of them which is good :D

One crit though, not a fan of #17 :( Looks a little soft/OOF? Might just be my monitor but i'm not sure about it, the background looks a bit distracting.

But as usual keep up the great work!

Jamie

Lovely as always Simon. Really like 9, 13 & 15 :)

Awesome as usual

Cracking shots as always Simon :) Looks like you really connected well with the two of them which is good :D

One crit though, not a fan of #17 :( Looks a little soft/OOF? Might just be my monitor but i'm not sure about it, the background looks a bit distracting.

But as usual keep up the great work!

Jamie

Thanks everyone - I'll have another look at #17 Jamie as the original is sharp

Thanks Neil .... 95% of the time I'm on my own - if it is windy I might press gang a bridesmaid to hold the light stand

I love the lighting of picture 13. was this done just with a light stand facing the bride?

Are her eyes naturally that vivid blue or have you processed them Simon?

if you would be so kind, would you walk me through number 7, is it expose for the outside on manual then light the interior on ttl (with apropriate compensation) or what?

its a hard shot to nail, and a tricky one to practice, tempted to go to my local church in the afternoon and try it again and again until I have it nailed

Your use of lighting is, as usual, excellent. I particularly love no. 7.

In no. 12, I find the intruding elbow keeps drawing my eye, though.

Are her eyes naturally that vivid blue or have you processed them Simon?

Haven't touched them at all Ade

if you would be so kind, would you walk me through number 7, is it expose for the outside on manual then light the interior on ttl (with apropriate compensation) or what?

its a hard shot to nail, and a tricky one to practice, tempted to go to my local church in the afternoon and try it again and again until I have it nailed

Manual camera and TTL flash with a test shot before to balance

Your use of lighting is, as usual, excellent. I particularly love no. 7.

In no. 12, I find the intruding elbow keeps drawing my eye, though.

I agree with #12 ... sometimes it is what it is

In that case the lady has fantastic colour in her eyes, very photogenic.

Hi there Simon, :)

Love all of these shots...........especially #10, such clear detail, right down to the reflections from the water under the platform.

The couple both appear natural, oblivious to your presence! :) Well done Simon.

Hi there Simon, :)

Love all of these shots...........especially #10, such clear detail, right down to the reflections from the water under the platform.

The couple both appear natural, oblivious to your presence! :) Well done Simon.

Thanks Beth - they were a joy to work with

Back