Laura

Name
James Stockton
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm doing a course at college at the moment, just a City and Guilds thingy. I had the chance to take some of the studio equipment home to have a play with and experiment.... All taken with Nikon D200, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8, Bowens flashead and my SB-600 firering at the bed sheets on the back wall :LOL:

First job was to ramsack the living room to make room for the equipment.

Laura-1.jpg

Next job was to find a subject! Here are a few of the other half, Laura. I dont think they are too bad considering they were taken in my living room and its the first time I have had a proper go at this type of thing. Any feedback would be great!

3062457108_f964a4bda1_o.jpg

3062457452_2d04debbbd_o.jpg

3063777594_230f34d1d6_o.jpg

3064075894_d27d67bc9a_o.jpg

#5 - The final product, I think I might get this printed.
3063371345_3edb12caf2_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics ... think its No4 for me ....... good composition and those EYES ! :)

:clap:

just goes to prove you dont need a warehouse with thousands of pounds woth of lights and people all over the place holding this and moving that...

some very nice shots there to be pround of imo...

no 3 would poss be my pick but well done...

i look forward to seeing more..

md(y)

How did you get the darker grey backgrounds? Just turn off the off camera flash at the back??

I think I prefered the neutral backgrounds, I just didnt flash the background as you say Janice :)

i keep coming back and the 1st shot keeps make me smile.

looks like she is playing peeka boo :D

md(y)

:LOL:

I think 3 & 4 are my favourites. Shame I have to give the equipment back to college on Tuesday :(

well use them as much as you can if you can get shots this good make the most of it...

4 for me is slightly to dark ... but hey if you like it thats all that matters...

does the loverly young lady have a fav :shrug:

md(y)

they're all pretty good but the composition on the 5th with the bevels and such makes me bork and the eyes on number 4 have been shooped too much for my liking

I like the eyes in number 4 yet this is the one she likes the least! Her favourite I think is the big background of the montage one.

Lovely shots. As someone said above you don't need loads of equipment to take studio shots.

Some nice work there... Has to be #4 for me, great eye capture, and I have to say, you have a rather spiffing other half. Not only is she very pretty, she'll also let you take her photo.

You're a very lucky chap.....

Steve

like the final result...

would maybe say to move the smaller pics to block the gold chain to make it look more studio?

Thanks for the feedback.

I decided on the montage look because Laura's uncle has just paid a stupid amount of money for something similar for their little baby girl and I wanted to see if I could do something to the same standard :)

Really impressed with these, cracking photos, was interested to see what sort of equipment setup was required to do this at home. Keep them coming!

I'll have another play this weekend, need to think of some ideas though! Anyone got any?!?

Superb shots of a beautiful lady!

like you first 'final' better, but the bottom left shot in the second is really good too

that said they're all decent (y)

Love your final product shot .... well, both of them actually.

If I had to choose a fave Id go for the final 'final' iykwim, very prof-looking imo. (y)
If I had one critique, it would be that the eye-whites are a little 'too white' in #4 on the shadow-side of the face.
Appears to be most peeps favourite, so maybe its just me!

Lovely set, and very sweet model! :)

Thanks for the feedback again people :)

That's a great result from your set up. Did you tweak the photos much in pp?

There wasnt too much PP, I did all the processing in Lightroom. Consisted of white balance, contrast, sharpening and a little skin smoothing and thats about it :)

Cracking pics, and even more impressive that they were done with the minimum of kit. Was your SB-600 triggered remotely?

Back