Lavatera

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Lavatera-against-sky.jpg

Thanks Marianne...... we have to take advantage of the blue skies while we can!

Can anyone help me here......in this picture below, I wanted a fairly shallow dof. Now the front flowers are in focus and the bud behind is out of focus......but the twisty bud at the very rear is back in focus again!

How does that happen?

Lavateras-and-bee.jpg

I dunno but I like it, probably something clever to do with the lens and plane of vision, no doubt one of the blokes whot knows will know how it happened...meanwhile, I just like it!

Looks to me like the bud is in front and OOF not behind. Shadow of bud is on the flower...

Oh and a general comment on the recent flower picture posts... i don't reply to many but they are all good and I know they are not as easy to get right as they might look :)

RobertP said:
Looks to me like the bud is in front and OOF not behind. Shadow of bud is on the flower...

You're right, Robert! What a plonker I am! :bonk:

Janice said:
You're right, Robert! What a plonker I am! :bonk:

No ... not really J ... easy mistake as it looks deceptive in the flat ... as it were ...

Lovely shots by the way ... especially like the composition of the first one ... (y)

Beautiful pics Janice, I slightly prefer the first one for no other reason than I prefer the dark background against the colour of the flower .
I didnt recognise this flower's name from the thread title and almost expected to see a pic of some foriegn loo or something! :coat:

i find these sshots quiet hard to get well, that looks good though, well done!

Back