Lavender Fields near Croydon!!

Name
Nick / Sectionate
Edit My Images
No
A few sunset type shots taken at Mayfield Lavender. As with every year, I seem to turn up the week after they have started to harvest everything and end up not being able to take the photograph I want to take...

So, I settled for this one:

Before the sun goes down by Sectionate, on Flickr

And being a lush summer evening, the bees were everywhere (as were the flying ants, which really for on my nerves)...

Food, Food, Food by Sectionate, on Flickr

(y)

The lavenders are a bit dark in the first one. you could brighten up the picture below the horizon.
The second one is nice. You could crop the extra on the right of the image. Also read somewhere that the object in focus leaves a better impression if its on the right side rather that left(Because we read from left to right). You could flip over the image in PS to achieve that.
There is an article on picturing Lavender farms in the latest issue of Digital SLR. Coincidentally I was reading it last night. It has a good list of lavender farms.

Thanks, I would prefer not to flip it as my own preference is to balance everything more to the left. I dunno why as I have always done it that way.

Is that fieild also near Woodmansterne and Banstead just by a mini round-a-bout? If it is then I pass that field at least once a week. I always thought they never allowed photographers???

Yeah, that is the one. They welcome photographers providing it isn't for commercial reasons (although there is a public footpath slap bang in the middle of the field, so they can't stop anyone)...

Is that fieild also near Woodmansterne and Banstead just by a mini round-a-bout? If it is then I pass that field at least once a week. I always thought they never allowed photographers???

He does encourage photogrphers and usually does a photo comp for £200.

There is also a public footpath that runs straight through the middle so there isn't a lot he could do anyway.

Back