Law question

It might be worth taking a mate with you, to act as assistant, and also to watch your back when your shooting, you have limited vision when working if he kicks off you might not see him coming.
I'd also have a serious chat with the B+G, point out your not comfortable about him being there, and you'd be happier if they could have a strong word with him, add your worried he'll start trouble and spoil their day, if your lucky they may bin him from the wedding. Wayne

If you are really concerned that something will kick off, tell the sister to sort it out and if she does'nt tell her you wont be taking the camera.

Just a thought, but is he also objecting to the official photographer taking photographs of him? I'm thinking not, therefore there is no legal issue and he is just trying to intimidate you, in other words bullying. Bullies are the lowest form of life as far as I'm concerned and they don't deserve the attention they crave. How is he going to know whether you've taken photos of him anyway? Is he going to keep coming over to you to check your camera? I would imagine his sister might have a few choice words for him if that was the case.

He cannot officially deny permission. He is attending the wedding at his own choice, no one is forcing him to be there. It is common knowledge that weddings have wedding photographers to document the proceedings.

If he doesn't want to be photographed he has two options: Keep out of the way or don't attend.

Steve.

Exactly, the venue can deny you permission but he can't. What a joke !

surely the relevant laws are less important here, because its your friends wedding and it has to go right so a shouting match about the law is going to do as much damage as a fight, this needs a non violent resolution

If you are really concerned that something will kick off, tell the sister to sort it out and if she doesn't tell her you wont be taking the camera.

:agree:
That's it, in a nutshell. If she likes your style of photography as you say and she wants your pictures - that childish brother of hers needs to back off. I know you said that you don't want to involve her but you may need to mention it. In turn she will probably involve her parents and collectively, they can tell him to grow the **** up.

If he doesn't want to be photographed, then fine, say you'll do your best to not photograph him, but if there are group photos that the BG want with him in it, if he really doesn't want to be in them then you can blur him out.

Whatever you do, don't not take photographs. Don't give in to stupid bullying little ***** like him.

Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it :D

I think I will be having a chat with B+G just to let them know whats going on :)

Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it :D

I think I will be having a chat with B+G just to let them know whats going on :)

(y) Just remember, blood is thicker than water so diplomacy is the order of the day.

Back