Law regarding electronic downloadable ebooks

Edit My Images
Yes
ive asked a seller for a new link for an ebook i purchased a year or more ago.
He hasnt replied after 2 emails over a month,
Anyone know the law on this,is he under obligation to provide the link?

I don't think so. Many electronic products I've bought have a time limit or a limit on the number of times they can be downloaded.

I guess it prevents people from rushing out their link to other people.

If you've already downloaded the product one the the contract has been fulfilled.

That is my understanding as well. One drawback of effectivly getting the product cheeper, if YOUR storage fails, YOU loose it.
But who are they? Please name the company who havn't even got the comman manors to answer your emails even if in the negative. Its one factor in deciding who to deal with in future.

I emailed Thom Hogan 2 days ago about a comment he had posted on another blog (i.e. Not his own blogs) and got an immediate reply. This was via his " contact us" email address thom_hogan(at)msn.com.

ive asked a seller for a new link for an ebook i purchased a year or more ago.
He hasnt replied after 2 emails over a month,
Anyone know the law on this,is he under obligation to provide the link?
How would he know it was you who bought the eBook?
What was the eBook for?
Didn't you keep the download link email?

sorry but i think this is why you need to back up, i don't think after you have received your product there is any obligation to provide another download. it would be good customer service mind you

His books are a pretty fair deal compared with most e-books. They are pdfs and he recommends copying them to all your devices and so on. However, see http://www.dslrbodies.com/books/bythom-books-faq/what-happens-if-i-lose-my.html where he writes:

"What Happens if I Lose my Downloaded File?

You can ask me to send you a new link to the download via email. I need the name and email address your order was placed from to do this.

But be patient. I have to connect to a secure server, look up your account, and then refresh the link. The bad news is that I can’t always do this in a timely fashion. I won’t log into that server from anything but my office Internet connection from a known-secure machine, so if I’m out traveling or on assignment, it might take awhile before I get to your request. Also, I take the month of August off from the Internet each year, which means not responding to emails, too. So again, be patient. You’ll eventually get a new link code in your email. "

I know from reading his blogs from time to time that he is frequently off travelling

Back