Layla at 2 weeks old

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
As I mentioned in the other newborn thread, I took some pictures of my friends little girl this weekend.
I turned my kitchen into a makeshift studio and cranked the heating up.
She was a bit restless and not really wanting to play along, so most of the shots where she's laying down are a bit samey, as I had to try and grab them before the crying started.

Anyway, got a few so let me know what you think. I'm a big boy, I can take it.:D

Layla 1 by stuartmooreis, on Flickr

Layla 2 by stuartmooreis, on Flickr

Layla 3 by stuartmooreis, on Flickr

Layla 4 by stuartmooreis, on Flickr

Newborns are such a pain to capture, 4 is nice but 2 is really good. Great pose.

I really like them. Maybe a bit dark but I'm viewing on iPad so don't take my word for it. Number 2 is my favourite too, lovely pose and a nice conversion. Also really like 4. In 3 is it just me or are the eyes a little bit soft? Looks like the focus might be on the nose?

Nice set though, especially if the baby was restless - 2 weeks old and they start to get difficult :)

Thanks for the comments.

#2 is my favourite too ;)

They may be a touch dark. I need to recalibrate my monitor anyway.

You'll get lots of votes for #2 I think - A cracker! Nice set.

Beautiful captures! Here's another vote for #2! ;) I really like the love captured in #1 too.

Thanks so much for all the comments. (y)

The wife and I will be babysitting later this week to give the new parents a night off, so I shall try and get another hour of shots.

Besides, I've got a pack of laminate flooring that I need to try out, along with some baskets and bits. ;)

These are fab, well done! I adore 4, 2 is wonderful too, but 4 makes me want to reach out and cuddle her!

These are fab, well done! I adore 4, 2 is wonderful too, but 4 makes me want to reach out and cuddle her!

Thanks Elli. (y)

I'm loving your pics as well, by the way. Must be newborn season. ;)

Another one who's loving number 2. My third baby is due in July, I've got (hopefully) a lot better at photography since I had the others so I'm hoping to try my hand at some similar shots come summer - will be chuffed if they're even half this good.

2 is great!

Not sure about the crop in 3/4. I'd like to see a bit more space around baby or cropped in tighter - quite sure that's a personal thing though, the expressions are great.

Nice set, particularly as baby was unsettled

2 is great!

Not sure about the crop in 3/4. I'd like to see a bit more space around baby or cropped in tighter - quite sure that's a personal thing though, the expressions are great.

Nice set, particularly as baby was unsettled

Thanks a lot. (y) I see a bit of a #2 theme in people's favourites. ;)

No cropping in post. Framing correctly in camera is my next area to concentrate on to improve, and to cut down on post processing. Along with gradually building up a load of my own presets in Lightroom.

Back