Critique required LC2's Shoe Horns for 2023 : Week 52 - Showcase

Week 42 - Forgotten

Tobacco Dock was originally part of the London docks in Wapping.
Following the closure of the docks, in the late 80s Tobacco Dock was given a new lease of life as a shopping centre, however due to it's relatively inaccessible location and lack of decent transport links and the early 90s recession it closed 2 years later.

Sea Lark and Three Sisters are a pair of replica Pirate Ships that were built as a children's play area as part of the shopping centre.
Now that Tobacco Dock has been re-purposed as an events space, they are largely forgotten relics of the docks past.

Considering that these two ships are in an empty dry dock, I'm not sure I would have wanted to allow my kids to use them as a play ground - but maybe the docks were full of water (I don't know) and the 80s was a different planet...

TP 52 for 2023 : Week 42 - Forgotten - Sea Lark - Tobacco Dock by Tim White, on Flickr

Good set for catching up. Keep wondering why abandoned bricks were painted white, looks like a goal for football but not much room there for football, maybe used bricks.
Like the forgotten and rubbish pictures and backstory

Week 43 - Spooky

What's this. Something both shot and posted during the correct week for the theme... Don't think I've managed that since February!!!
Ghost Face from Scream shot at MCM London during the gloom outside on the Saturday evening.
Shot at f1.6, ISO 125 and 250th/sec with flash to lighten the mask. Processed using bleach bypass.

Ghost Face - Scream by Tim White, on Flickr

Reactions: nog
The Scream has always spooked me, something about the shape. Great capture.

Week 45 - Snappers Choice

Resident Evil Cosplay. Shot with a single light, quite low to give the hint of horror lighting without being too OTT.
Shot in a cramped indoor area to give the feel of being in a corridor.
Edited using the Fuji bleach bypass profile and then the LR cross process preset. Tuned to taste.

Resident Evil by Tim White, on Flickr

Works perfectly. A very creepy shot without being obvious... nice one.

Spooky! Blondie looks like Shin Hati from Ahsoka ;)

There is a wall, with the mortar lines leading into the Shehulk. (that must be a recent thing, not a Marvel fan myself)

Week 48 - Arrow

Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) - Young Avengers
I was a little surprised that so far no one else has gone with the obvious shot.

Archers are few and far between in these parts... :LOL:

Not much archery in North Wales either, especially in December :) Nearly went for some arrow slits in Castle walls or darts though, went with the common road sign.

Archers are few and far between in these parts... :LOL:

Not much archery in North Wales either, especially in December :) Nearly went for some arrow slits in Castle walls or darts though, went with the common road sign.
It's funny, my immediate thought was "I know where I can get someone to point an arrow at me".
The facing shots were not so effective as you can't really make the arrow out.

Autumn. Great pov... works well
Arrow. Not the easiest thing to find for some of us :)

Week 44 - Captive

I'm not actually sure which film/anime/game this comes from, but it absolutely hits the theme for Captive.
I also had "Chain Chomp & Bowsette", but felt this works better for the theme.

Shot at f/2.0 to give sufficient DoF with flash held off to camera left to give just enough light to separate them from the dark of the background.

DSCF9396 by Tim White, on Flickr

Week 50 - Old

Baker Street is the oldest underground station on the network, being the first station to open on the Metropolitan Railway between Baker Street and Farringdon on the 10th January 1863.
Baker Street is served by S8 stock on the Metropolitan Line and S7 stock on the Circle, District & Hammersmith and City lines, which are the newest rolling stock on the TFL underground network.

Shot handheld at 1/15th of a second to obtain the motion blur of the tube train leaving the station behind the sign.
Given that neither the X-T3 or 35mm f/2 have stabilisation, I'm happy with how sharp the photo is handheld.

Week 50 - Old by Tim White, on Flickr

Nicely timed :)

Back