Lcd screen dust problem canon 600d

Name
MUD
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks

Had my 600d for about 4 months now and its never been used in dusty conditions but this has been like this for about 4-6weeks now.

After talking with the shop (curry's) they said that they hadnt seen it before and were unsure if canon would repair/clean it for free under the warntee as its not a sealed/weatherproof camera :crying: even tho I paid extra for the insurance cover :bang:

Anyone offer any advice of how to deal with this or even if I could clean it out myself :eek:

Sorry iphone pic

photo by MUD.., on Flickr

It definitely shouldn't do that. Definitely a warranty issue as it looks like the screen protector (the plastic layer) hasn't been seated properly. It matters not that it's not a 'weather proof' camera. My TVs not weather proof but I wouldn't put up with that!

The shop should exchange IMO.

I'd agree with Jim - that shouldn't happen in 'normal' conditions...

As others have said that shouldn't happen. I bought my 600D from Curry's in Newcastle last June which had a focussing issue that I noticed after using it, I went back to the shop and saw the lad who sold me it, luckily this was in the first 30 days so I qualified for an exchange otherwise I was told it also would be up to 21 days turnaround, this seems to be the standard policy.

Thanks guys.......as I said the guy didnt think that canon would repair it free.
He also said that "normal" repair time are around 21 days.....not sure I can be without my camera that long :-(

well canon should repair it for free if the camera was bought new 4 months ago. if it was new then it will have 1 year warranty so should be free. and also the whole not having a camera thing. this is why i picked up a used 350d for £70 for use as a backup not perfect but in case something happened to my 5d i will have a spare while the 5d is repaired

Last edited:
Back