Le Mans 24 Hours

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
Well, its a long story and I had decided I wasnt going, but at the last minute I booked the TGV and off I went. Turned out to be a good decision as I picked up a customer once I got there.
Anyway, the last minute decision means I only could do the first 12 hours of the race:

1) Pug
img_5344_20100613_1636317741.jpg

2) Lola
img_5103_20100613_1841217191.jpg

3) Strakka Marmite
img_5004_20100613_1682599933.jpg

4) Dunlop Chicane Marmite
img_4993_20100613_1773983928.jpg

5) Terte Rouge Trees
img_4861_20100613_1793111561.jpg

6) An old classic shot
img_4805_20100613_1671723799.jpg

Loving no2, missed the footage on tv this year so thanks for showing these. Nice!

#2 is awesome - the effect is cool in 4 aswell... Just a shame that grandstand in the background is empty at that time in the evening.

I guess its expensive to go but I bet you're glad you went in terms of the photos you came back with - its a great set on your photoshelter! Did you have to leave the track early?

Hi Gary,
I really love the creativity ,the lighting,but truthfully I think the angles ruin the shots for me.
3 and 4 work really well.
We all have our style and preferences,and yours is well defined,so great to see a very individual perspective like yours,even if it is not always to my personal choice.
Regards,
Pons

Hi Gary,
I really love the creativity ,the lighting,but truthfully I think the angles ruin the shots for me.
3 and 4 work really well.
We all have our style and preferences,and yours is well defined,so great to see a very individual perspective like yours,even if it is not always to my personal choice.
Regards,
Pons

nicely written :)

i've been thinking about this a lot.. and sometimes the extreme angles annoy me too :)

Yes tell us.... it's obviously not your skills.. :bang:

Blimey, not a nice thing to say!! Obviously the guy is an awesome photographer. A camera alone does not make a good picture! :bang:

Anyway, to the OP, what camera do you use?

I'm so glad you got to Le Mans Gary. I also know that the owner of the car in pic 2 is very impressed with that picture!:clap:(y)

Incredible shots really love 2 such a surreal picture with the light.Excellent(y)

Very nice set there, I'm jealous - worried to put my own up now!!

Cracking shots Gary But I have a tendancy to agree with what you have allready said yourself THE ANGLES,never been a fan of angles at all BUT each to his own I suppose,

Dave

Some great shots there mate.
I was there all weekend, just back at work actually!! Need to get on the other side of the fence next year, as some of my shots were spoilt by it.. how do you get race side?

Really impressed with some of the creativity in the shots, especially the lola!

Did you manage to get any of mansell (in the first 30 mins!! :) )

Cracking set of images Gary! These definitly represent what a great weekend it was... A shame it was an Audi 1,2,3!

Some very different images in this set too. (y)

number 10 looks great mate :)

*** GT Meister strikes again :D

Some klasse stuff as usual Herr P.

Not too sure about the uber slow stuff - not just your stuff, but others too.

The rest, its got your usual style and talent to it, love it :D

(Sorry this post has a German flavour, have been sorting out some DTM stuff this morning)

Nice set. I quite like some of the angles as I am also known to take some very quirky stuff.

Not too keen on some of the really slow shutter speeds that leave everything in a blur. I always like to see something razor sharp and totally in focus but hey, they just my opinion!

2 and 5 are the pick for me!

I have already commented on your facebook, but worth saying again. These images are awesome. really interesting artistic shot sometimes too much angle but hey so many cracking shots who cares.

If you havnt already check out the rest of the images from this set on his website. I am truly impressed.

Go for it Gary! Would love to see more!

A well rounded set there fine sir with a good mix and all stand out for me in their own way. Its also good to see you suffer from the "second look change mind" quirk! Give it six months and you'll change your mind again...

B->

Back