le mans

I wish cant afford it lol

unless any-one has spare tickets free, or knows any team/website/newspaper that wants a tog to tag along lol

:clap: :clap: :wave: :wave: :clap: :clap:

Me. Me. Me. I've been going since 1997, save I've missed 2 years - last year and another one I can't remember. This is the 1st year I'll have a DSLR with me too, so am well excited. Oh, and a 300mm lens. And not have to worry about the cost of processing film. I used to come back from LM having spent a fortune on the weekend, only to have to shell out another £150 - £200 on developing. Happy days.

Will be in Maison Blanche c/s and the 'poo tent on Friday night

Can't wait

:banana: :wave:

never been although it's on my list of things to do someday. Hope you enjoy it (y)

Me Me Me too!

I'm camping in Beausejour. Wed till Monday and will be flying a Pistonheads flag and an Aston Martin one.

Second year going and it'll be my third next year!

David

465482160_1fb32c7daa.jpg

Yup, my 11th Le Mans this year!

aha ! ... you've answered my question posted elsewhere.

Airtrack again ?

Team Abuse'll be in the same spot with a zonda, lp640, murcie, gallardo, 2 x 360 CS, 360M, 365, 355, 308 etc etc

(oh yes, and a volvo)

pop by 'n have a beer ..... :beer:

cheers, d

it doesnt count when you stay in a hotel :)

LOL

it does!

F308 - we're staying at the F1 Hotel in St Saturnin, one of our party has slipped a disc so camping wouldn't be much good. Plus I've had an op on my foot so could do with a little comfort and a bit more cleanliness!

Yey, i'm going and it's my first time! Staying in a big American motorhome with some of my family, no idea where though.

Recently bought an external lens for my G7 in Le Mans preparation, only to find out that it's a cheap and nasty one that leaves big chroma effects everywhere and doesn't even zoom that much extra anyway! Nevermind, 6x optical will have to do!

LOL

it does!

F308 - we're staying at the F1 Hotel in St Saturnin, one of our party has slipped a disc so camping wouldn't be much good. Plus I've had an op on my foot so could do with a little comfort and a bit more cleanliness!

see you in SS on the friday afternoon.

cheers, d

I'll be there for a week of debourtuary. Going to be setting up a home for Mr Xynamic to come stay at.

We'll be in MB, which has a it of a shindig happening on friday night.

All packed and ready to go. Tent, sleeping bag, passport, tickets, euros. Am thinking choice of lenses is a bit weird, viz: 10-20mm, 200mm and 300mm. So there's a bit of a gap, but I'm thinking (hoping) its a gap that won't be missed. Oh, and its going to rain. So have loaded up with freezer bags and tape for camera protection.

:)

All packed and ready to go. Tent, sleeping bag, passport, tickets, euros. Am thinking choice of lenses is a bit weird, viz: 10-20mm, 200mm and 300mm. So there's a bit of a gap, but I'm thinking (hoping) its a gap that won't be missed. Oh, and its going to rain. So have loaded up with freezer bags and tape for camera protection.

:)

lol, i loaded up with kitchen bin liners :)
i'm leaving in an hour.. cant wait

Its bloody difficult taking pics of the cars at Le Mans now - the fences are high just about everywhere around the track, with only a very few places where you can get up high enough to photograph over them. Anyway, here are some of my efforts, in no particular order:

1. No 40 Lola
566450260_2bb053c905.jpg

2. Team Modena Aston Martin
569936748_39008f30ed.jpg

3. Burn outs on mad Friday
570375291_3d25d340df.jpg

4. The ferris wheel
569934208_b24f0e7360.jpg

5. Flying Lizard Porsche at Arnage
566658353_5646b5c139.jpg

6. Spyker at Arnage
566658741_15cf9e2e0b.jpg

7. No 1 Audi
569938148_187b000a91.jpg

Nice Aston shot. I've got a few with those tension wires that I'm trying to clone out, because the shots are otherwise good. The chicken wire was driving me mad all weekend though.

yup that's a stonker

wet? wet?

2001 was WET!

although this year's weather did curtail my photomografik expedition!

2001 was indeed wet. Camera and lenses spent some time in the airing cupboard once we got home - this is but a poor example as to how damp it was.

Image1.jpg

And I can also suggest you could do worse than check out the Speed Tribe footage from that race: http://www.dance51.com/speedtribe/index.html

Its a good buy

After much filtering through hundreds of shots i've selected these few, mainly cos i like seeing cars overtake :D (hence a couple with the Audi in!).

IMG_6640sm.jpg

IMG_7513sm.jpg

IMG_7450Sm.jpg

Not bad for a first timer in the stands with a compact, i reckon! Any C&C?

Back