Learn together Macro meet? Kew ?, need some "experts"

I am no expert but I am always game for a trip to Kew.
What lenses do you have Martin?

I love Kew Gardens and every time I go there it seems there is never enough time to go around all the areas I would like to. Plenty of lovely things to photograph. Just have to pick the right day and weather be good.
I will keep an eye on this thread.

But as mentioned, I am no expert let alone macro expert, but definitely happy to go along and learn/enjoy and meet some fellow TP members

I am no expert but I am always game for a trip to Kew.
What lenses do you have Martin?

I love Kew Gardens and every time I go there it seems there is never enough time to go around all the areas I would like to. Plenty of lovely things to photograph. Just have to pick the right day and weather be good.
I will keep an eye on this thread.

But as mentioned, I am no expert let alone macro expert, but definitely happy to go along and learn/enjoy and meet some fellow TP members

Thanks for the support Zulupentax

I did the full on dive in with both feet and bought the 100mm F2.8 L IS USM, really impressed so far given I have taken about 10 shots with it so far :)

Anybody up for this please feel free to sign up in the meeting place and we will start to think about dates,

Thanks for the support Zulupentax

I did the full on dive in with both feet and bought the 100mm F2.8 L IS USM, really impressed so far given I have taken about 10 shots with it so far :)

Wow, Martin, that 100 mm f/2.8 L IS has been the object of my desire lately :). Call it a bad case of LBA :LOL: but I know its simply a stunning lens. No wonder you are eager to put it to full use.
Why you may ask me wanting a 100mm also if I have the 180mm. But the thing is I can handhold the 100mm while the 180mm is simply not possible, at least for me. It doesn't have IS so having a 100mm to complement it would be ideal.
Having said that, the 180mm is a truly magnificient lens, its just on the league of its own. Only thing is it requires a tripod to get the best out of it.

Now I am more thrilled for the meet when it can be arranged :), that way I could look at your lens close and personal, and you could have a go at the 180mm for a testing.

Back