'Leave Me Alone'

It's nicely lit but does say domestic to me. It looks more abandoned premises.

Sorry - they don't say domestic violence to me, and I doubt very much if they would to anybody working with people affected by it.

Love the lighting, but my initial reaction was that she was a kidnap victim or something along those lines.
It would need to be in a domestic setting to say "domestic violence" to me.

They don't say violence to me either. TBH it seems to me as though you've almost set violence up as some kind of chic with these photos.

If these were stand alone photos, I'd quite like them. I think they're well done but not as part of a set on the subject matter

Well taken shots nicely lit but like others have said they don't really indicate domestic violence. Having worked with victims of domestic violence, and the perpetrators, I am a bit uncomfortable with the use of erotica, even mild erotica, and the depiction of domestic violence

Thanks everyone, appreciate the comments.

For me conceptual art doesn't have to be black and white it what its saying. For me the location represents where the victim is in their mind.

Steve, I don't think theres anything erotic about this at all.

I dont think theres anything erotic about it either.

Maybe if the setting was taken in the kitchen, a half-empty spilled bottle of whiskey on the table? Quite powerful images and I'm not getting that feeling of feeling sorry for her (only because of the location), the effects look amazing!

EDIT: maybe some food on the table, as well or a glass of alcohol held in front of the camera as if "we", the viewer was that person, would be very powerful indeed, I think anyway :)

I dont think theres anything erotic about it either.

Chic I think was the word I used, though erotic works nicely as well. I've got to disagree with anyone who says theres no erotic element to these. Its a photo of a scantily clad young, fit looking, lady. In an (or what appears to be) abandoned building......no erotic element. Really?

Steve, I don't think theres anything erotic about this at all.

They're very voyeuristic which by its nature implies eroticism. Well, it does to me anyway

With regards to the concept, as others have said, I think they've missed the mark. However as two artistic images I think they are really well done, nicely lit, I like the processing and the overall feel. For me I like the feel info vulnerability and abandonment that comes across. I do tend to disagree with the comments about erotica and titillation, they certainly don't float my boat in that way.

As alway Rob you split the opinions :)

As far as the intended purpose goes, I'm not too sure that you succeeded. Having said that, I think the lighting and the processing alone deserve some praise. They are really well done, in my opinion (y)

In terms of being erotic, or not, as the case may be... these images do not arouse sexual desire, nor do they excite me sexually. Therefore, I have to deduce that they are indeed, not erotica. Well, to me anyway. Horses for courses and if posters above are aroused by these images, then erotica to them they shall be... vis-à-vis voyeurism or titillation, the same statement holds true. Well, to me anyway...

If I were tasked with categorising these I would say "fine art nude" (certainly not erotica).

I don't see any connection whatsoever with domestic violence. I do think they are good images, but I think the narrative is unclear. You could perhaps have explored the concept of comtemporary enslavement with the introduction of objects to connect to the notion of abuse - there's not much of a story with the girl on her own in a fairly tight composition, I think there needs to be more environmental context.

Back