Leaves

Name
Julie
Edit My Images
Yes
Another shot taken a few weeks back obviously. I like it but not sure if it's just a 'mess' of leaves or if it would actually make a nice pic in my bathroom, the whole tree thing again,lol :D Comments and critique always appreciated,thanks,

Jewel
parkleaves.jpg

I think if you can find some other types of leaves (different shades of brown or yellow) and sprinkle/mix it up a little, that'll be good. :) Just too bland for me at the moment, imho.

I quite like it very sharp and clear like I could walk on it :) more an entrance hall photo than a bathroom photo I'd have said though

I like those kind of images, and you can stare at them for ages, as there is a lot going on in them. Not really messy though as it holds your attention i find messy images are ones you get bored as there is just TOO much going on so your eye just gives up on it.
I would however agree with kamion that there is too much of the same colour. Maybe if you were to turn it into quite a contrasty b&w image it may be better (imo). However i still quite like it. Has a calming effect on me.

I like it.
It would have been nice to see a mix of colours but you shot what you saw.
If you want to hang them in your bathroom, hang the original leaves on a nail like we used to do in the UK in the olden days.

As you would say over there...'go figure' :D

Seems a little red to me, maybe colour temp is too high/low (never sure which way it goes). Reason I think this is that the little bits of ground you can see seem too red.

But, ignoring that, I think its a wonderful composition and a very well executed shot. I think you're starting to get the hand of that D70 now Jules, good exposure, depth of field and sharpness.

:)

Thanks guys for all the comments, glad most of you liked it. I was wondering if a mix of colour would have helped it out a bit too, but as you said bachs I shot what was there. Never thought of doing it in b&w, perhaps I'll give it a go,thanks.

Sammy-I didn't even notice the bits of ground that you can see is a tad red, your right though! See what a fresh set of eyes can do, thanks for pointing that out. As for the camera yes I think I am finally getting the hang of the D70,lol I am also alot more comfortable with it in my hands too when I am out and about, thanks :)

Jules

Try turning it into a sepia image using the same brown colour as the leaves in the colour shot (you can average the image or an area of it to get the overall colour) and then paint back some of the colour from the lighter/darker leaves selectively.

Might work, might not. Worth a go if you're bored.

i like this shot jewel. this white balance does look slightly off but i like the warm feel, it's a nice simple shot that works for me :)

It does look just a little flat, there's not a great deal of contrast there. The look more brown then golden

Hard to get light passing though them when you're above them like that though. Maybe next time try to capture the light through them. I took this shot last nov i think

http://www.pbase.com/sean_mcr/image/52623048

Bachs said:
I like it.
me too. It's simple and sharp and has a real autumnal feel to it :)

What a difference In Jewel's stuff these days, and her peanuts entry in the Texture' assignment is excellent too. I'm sure she wont mind me saying she was a real snapper when she started here, and it's great to to see the creative stuff she's now turning in. :)

CT said:
What a difference In Jewel's stuff these days, and her peanuts entry in the Texture' assignment is excellent too. I'm sure she wont mind me saying she was a real snapper when she started here, and it's great to to see the creative stuff she's now turning in. :)

Pah! Teachers pet!

:p

AND she's prettier than you! :finger3: :laugh2:

I like it! If the red leaf that is on the right third was on top it would be perfect!

CT said:

Snapper? :D We dont' say that around these parts but I'm pretty sure I know what you mean there CT,lol. I feel I've come a long way since I've joined here as well, thank you! Like I mentioned in another post, I am really alot more comfortable when I am out and about with my camra now. I don't worry so much what other's think anymore. I take what I learn from here and try to implement it when I am out and about. There's just soooo much to learn!! :confused:

Thanks for the comments,

Jewel

jewel said:
I feel I've come a long way since I've joined here as well, thank you! Like I mentioned in another post, I am really alot more comfortable when I am out and about with my camra now. I don't worry so much what other's think anymore. I take what I learn from here and try to implement it when I am out and about. There's just soooo much to learn!! :confused:

Thanks for the comments,

Jewel

But the joy and drive comes from the fact that you can shoot all your life and still be learning!

CT is right, your work has come a long way since you started posting here! (I'm not just being sucky cos you're a girly btw, my g/f/ reads this forum!) credit where it's due and all that!

As for the shot itself........

from where I'm stood (sat?) it could do with just a small boost in contrast in and saturation to make it 'pop' (i hate that word but there's no better way to describe it right now) a bit more.

Nice ;)

Gandhi said:
But the joy and drive comes from the fact that you can shoot all your life and still be learning!

CT is right, your work has come a long way since you started posting here! (I'm not just being sucky cos you're a girly btw, my g/f/ reads this forum!) credit where it's due and all that!

As for the shot itself........

from where I'm stood (sat?) it could do with just a small boost in contrast in and saturation to make it 'pop' (i hate that word but there's no better way to describe it right now) a bit more.

Nice ;)

Thank you for the comments Gandhi! :thumb: :)

Back