Leaving Out A Trailcam.

The camera is spending its 2nd night in the deep and dark Ayrshire woods tonight and will be retrieved tomorrow morning.

OK, where are the results? Are they nearly here yet? Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V etc... :p

Uuuugghh, I drew a blank and not quite sure why. There had been definate activity overnight but nothing triggered the camera. One of the problems I have is that to leave it where I would be guaranteed a trigger would mean leaving the camera on show and any passers by, (dogwalkers, hikers) would see it. Most folk would probably respect it and leave it but it only takes one wrong un.

I may have to rethink this and set the camera and stay with it for a few hours. If I'm staying, I can set 2.

Dale

If you were to leave it till as late as you could, in the hope that most people would be finished walking around that area.
Just a thought.

Uuuugghh, I drew a blank and not quite sure why. There had been definate activity overnight but nothing triggered the camera.
That's annoying, although the quality of that trailcam isn't up to the Browning I had, it definitely worked, catching video of my foxes and badgers. :(

That's annoying, although the quality of that trailcam isn't up to the Browning I had, it definitely worked, catching video of my foxes and badgers. :(

Probably operator error on my part Roger. ;)

Mine glows red when triggered at night even though its infer red you want to consider this when placing in public areas

Mine glows red when triggered at night even though its infer red you want to consider this when placing in public areas
There are two wavelengths of Infrared LEDs

The one I bought a while ago has the 'black light' version and at night there is no 'red glow' visible ;)

Have we got no footage from this trailcam yet? :D

Have we got no footage from this trailcam yet? :D

Quite spooky, I was thinking about this only last week.

I left the trialcam out for a few nights on a weekly basis but never captured anything. I didn't go back to the site for a few weeks, my intention was to leave it alone for a while. I have been tempted to go back this week, funnily enough and I may do over this weekend, probably Sunday evening.

It's more likely a summer project than any other season and it's getting to about that time. (y)

Back