Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just received an email telling me that Zen will no longer have a partnership with photobox so I will not be able to offer prints to my european clients! No explanation, no mention of future plans and only 4 weeks notice - having used Zen for 10 years I am about to lose about 50% of my sales.

Anyone know what's going on?

Had the same email...

if you look on Zen site they state One Vision Imaging as a UK lab they use. Maybe as easy as all orders go to them.

As you say though, not a very informative email regarding the future.

Stu

I think they are really close with OVI and hence removing all the competition. You can use OVI and with some luck it will be done right and maybe even sent on time.

Photobox is very low end so not used them for ages, but they removed a very decent French lab just months ago and I'm p***ed about it. OVI could only dream about that level of products.

Of course you could and should self-fulfill meaning printing yourself or passing the order to the company of your choice. Sadly there are those looney Zenfolio fess.

I have so many reasons to leave and I will. Least of them are nearly-zero updates over quite a number of years and terrible mobile interface.
Their french law firm is doing a bit of a clean up for me now so it can limp on for a little while, but the end is near. I'll do something in WP and once happy will initiate the domain reassignment. I'm generally quite loyal customer if things are at least mostly OK but here its not even that any more.

Don't be surprised to see price rises on renewal as they now list my current rate as first year promo, which was initially said to be held indefinitely, until canceled or upgraded.

Unfortunately only a very limited no of print sizes incl small are available from OVI for direct customer orders.

I queried this with zen and they want me to self fulfill for the sizes not available! Its time to have a trial with picfair

OVI just f***ed up the last customer order, and believe me it was not the first or second. There won't be another one.

Their printer must have serious problems with cutting or feed, or else someone running the printer does. QC certainly doesn't exist there.

Self-fulfil for now and move as and when right opportunity arises.

P.S. Can post proof if required.

For EU orders may as well try https://www.pictoonline.fr/ - a lab that Zenfolio just kicked out presumably for being too good and well priced.
aRGB files accepted and full range of Canson and Hahnemuhle papers available. I never tried them myself so can't guarantee no issues.
I will be printing my own going forward.

USA and Canada.

They will ship but +++ time and customs for delivery. Some there customers may not be too happy or avoid ordering. There are local ones. I think Whitewall or pixels.com can do your orders locally? There are others of course.

Back