Lee 105mm cir pol protection?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I bought the Lee Landscape polariser a few weeks ago but have yet to use it in the field.

I found it was not the easiest to mount onto the adapter ring in the comfort of my home, so expect it to be quite tough with freezing conditions, strong winds etc on the summits.

As I have two foundation kits I was intending to leave it permanently mounted on one and protect it with a 105mm pinch-cap up front and a cheap 100mm grad in the outer slot behind, all to then be placed in a filter pouch. I'm trying to avoid storing this in a tin or tub so i can carry all filters in the one Lowepro pouch.

So how do you deal with it when out & about, do you have any issues?

Mine is 6 years old and always been mounted on my holder and is kept in a lee filter holder pouch! Think it’s the foundation kit one ! Never wrapped and no markings at all! I just keep it clean

IMG_1519134147.700108.jpg

Mine is 6 years old and always been mounted on my holder and is kept in a lee filter holder pouch! Think it’s the foundation kit one ! Never wrapped and no markings at all! I just keep it clean
Same here, but mine is slightly less old. Works fine for me.

I bought the Lee Landscape polariser a few weeks ago but have yet to use it in the field.

I found it was not the easiest to mount onto the adapter ring in the comfort of my home, so expect it to be quite tough with freezing conditions, strong winds etc on the summits.

As I have two foundation kits I was intending to leave it permanently mounted on one and protect it with a 105mm pinch-cap up front and a cheap 100mm grad in the outer slot behind, all to then be placed in a filter pouch. I'm trying to avoid storing this in a tin or tub so i can carry all filters in the one Lowepro pouch.

So how do you deal with it when out & about, do you have any issues?

I also found it tricky to attach the polariser to the accessory ring in the field, only takes a slight misjudgement to lose an expensive piece of glass.

To that end mine is attached to a foundation kit permanently.

When not in use the polariser/ foundation kit combo is wrapped in a microfiber lens cloth and stored in the pouch that came with the foundation kit.

Keeps it pristine and you always have a cloth on hand to deal with anything that gets on the polariser.

Had mine 3 years now and still like new after a lot of use. :)

I leave mine permanently attached as well. Haven't come across a circumstance yet when I want to use filters but not the CPL but I guess I'll just have to remove it when the time comes. I'm very careful to only ever turn it anticlockwise (view from behind the camera) so that I'm never acting to loosen it. Mine just goes straight into my Lowe pro filter pouch when I'm not using it.

Have you noticed a pattern yet??? [emoji106]

:plus1:
I'm the same although I have two foundation kits so I have a choice of having the polariser or not, without the fuss.

Yup same here :) I have 2 kits one with the polariser attached in the lee pouch. I really can't deal with putting that thing on every time, especially in the winter.

Last edited:
:plus1:
I'm the same although I have two foundation kits so I have a choice of having the polariser or not, without the fuss.

Paul is just showing off now!

I don't know about everyone else, but I use the filter dude rubber covers for my lenses and just leave Lee adaptors attached. I'm just wondering whether I should have a play with getting a few sample rubber covers that would work in the same sort of way but just slip over a polariser. Anyone know if there is much variation in outer diameter of different type of 105mm CPL's?

I use the white Lee covers

I don't know about everyone else, but I use the filter dude rubber covers for my lenses and just leave Lee adaptors attached. I'm just wondering whether I should have a play with getting a few sample rubber covers that would work in the same sort of way but just slip over a polariser. Anyone know if there is much variation in outer diameter of different type of 105mm CPL's?
Of the ones I've seen there is no more than a gnats whisker difference in outside diameter (both Lee types and one other I can't remember the make of!).

Well I never bloody thought of that

Big lens cap is my idea too - but 95mm CPL.

Not that I've actually used it yet. Because the 2-3 day availability for the Hitech holder/etc from Bristol Cameras has now entered week three so I've cancelled the order & bought today from eBay for free delivery tomorrow....... And there I was trying to do my honest bit for a brick & mortar shop.......

Back